Engine shoots to redline

ghost1776

Respected Member!!
Hey guys havent been on lately computer is broke and ive been working alot! Ok here is the question. Just installed the skunk2 im. On startup the car juat revs all the way to redline i have to turn the car off before the thing blows up lol. I checked my vacuum lines and my throttle is not stuck i already tested that theory. Im thinking maybe the im gasket didnt seal properly or either my tb gasket is bad im just kinda stumped so any input or suggestions would be apperciated

fernando_dc2

I <3 my Honda
pull on gas pedal... my buddies accord went threw the same all i did was pull on the gas pedal and it popped back into place lol BE CAREFUL THOUGH!!!!

ghost1776

Respected Member!!
Nope sorry guys you were all wrong i stated above that the throttle was not open the problem was a bad gasket and a non properly seated intake manifold. Problem solved thanks though

Prozon

Kris
I really didn't think that a bad gasket could cause that.
Learn something new every day.

Good job fixing it Ghost. :thumbs up

mirrorimg

I really didn't think that a bad gasket could cause that.
Learn something new every day.

Good job fixing it Ghost. :thumbs up
A bad leak acts just like an open throttle body, allowing in a lot more air than intended. The throttle body's purpose is to meter the air coming into the engine. With the throttle closed (foot off the pedal) a port feeds just enough air into the engine to idle. With it open (or missing, or having a huge leak, etc) allows so much air into the engine that it revs all the way up until the fuel cut/rev limiter kicks in.

OP, I missed where you had said you checked the TB.

ghost1776

Respected Member!!
Its all good guys lol. I apperciate everything. If anyone has any questions regarding this install hit me up.