engine shutting off after start up

poordc2

I have a 94 integra ls everything engine wise is stock and after a 30 minute drive from work to my house i would park my car and i would go into the house for five minutes and come back and start up my car again and it will start up and the rpm would jump up to 1500 and then it will jrop down and just shut off and when i try to start it up again it will just crank and not start until i try to start it up again and it takes a couple of trys until the car starts up again......so i thought it was the dizzy so i replace it with a spair one i have laying around and it works until the next day it does it all over again.....so i need to know if anyones has ever had this problem and can give me an answer or some help on what could be the problem and any info would be greatly helpful

jznsn2u

Any ideas on which ground it could
There are several grounds on cars. I would just start off by pop'n the hood and inspect the ends of the grounds for corrosion. I could be entirely wrong and leading you off on a wild goose chase but it doesn't hurt to check them.

poordc2

The ground on the thermo stat is the ground for the dizzy, vss, and main relay.
I check the ground at the thermostat and it is still connected but i will take it off and clean it up anyways just to be sure it is clean and i will order new dizzy guts from the dealer to make sure it is the dizzy or not and the main relay......i will install the spare one i have at home to see if it makes a diffeerence.....anything else you guys think it would be.....

poordc2

update.....ok i change my main relay.....dizzy guts....spark plug wires and plugs.....everything is running good so far but i will update in a couple of days later to see if it fix the problem

Jory

If it was a bad ground the problem probably wouldn't come and go so easily, especially if it was corroding. Let me know how that goes! I've had issues with RPM on my 94 as well.

poordc2

update......my car didnt stop the problem.....so i spent over 3hours on cleaning all grounds......i clean battery connections.....grounds that connects to the motor to the car...the ground that connects to the thermostats........i got new plugs and wires and i even put in a new relay and still no clue on wat else it could be.......losing my mind

poordc2

update......i am taking my main relay to get it tested and check at my uncles tv shop cause he is the only person i know that knows alot about circut boards and all that wiring mess and he said he can do it for free too so i will see how it goes

perez102987

check for you radiator fan operation sometimes when the engine gets too hot the fuel in the line evaporate and wont start for a few minutes cause of the heat.

poordc2

update......so after i put in a different main relay after installing new dizzy guts, the car was still acting the same so i decided to take the main relay out and look at it again to make sure the solder connections were still good....i found that the solder connections on the back of the main relay were cracked but i didnt see it at first because it was so small and i couldnt tell until i put it under a magnifying glass and then i saw the little cracks so i just re-solder the connections and put it back in my car and it has been doing good for a whole week.....so i can safely say that the problem was my main relay......thanks for all the help guys and gals.....:clap: