Engine swap !

Edrnd9

I have a 99 acura integra gs b18a1 manual
Ive found a 97 b18a1 as well but It came from and automatic car. Will the motor fit my car? Will the transmission fit ?? Are there specific things I need to do??? Help I need my car running again ASAP!!

P3DR0

<~JDM~>
Yes it will fit. You will need to use the flywheel and flywheel bolts from your old engine as well as your engine harness. should be pretty easy

TEG.

stealinggg your thread cause i dont think its necessary to make a new thread ,
got a question on the same lines of engine swapping though! im thinking about doing my first swap , can i get any suggestions to how easy or challenging it was for the first time you guys did it?

96LSteg

Jemel
swapping can be easy or hard depending on how mechanically inclined you are.

To the OP, how did you find a 97 B18A1 when they stopped making the A1 in 93?

To answer your question, do like P3DR0 said. Swap your manual flywheel and flywheel bolts and you should be good to go.

TEG.

swapping can be easy or hard depending on how mechanically inclined you are.

To the OP, how did you find a 97 B18A1 when they stopped making the A1 in 93?

To answer your question, do like P3DR0 said. Swap your manual flywheel and flywheel bolts and you should be good to go.
I am pretty good at diagnosing problems then fixing them myself.
but just have not experienced swapping before lol i dont know how many times you swapped an engine but on average how long do you think it'll take to have the motor in and running ?

96LSteg

Jemel
time is all depending on if you have all your tools readily available, and you dont lose and bolts and crap like that. I can tell you Both myself and my brother swapped my motor and had it running in one day and that was the first time that I had EVER done a motor swap but I was very familiar with my car. You need to get an engine lift (I call it a cherry picker lol) and a chain so that you can pull and install both the old and new motors. Just take it slow and make sure you do everything the correct way and you should be ok.

Also, you need to get a service manual because this will tell you how tight everything needs to be torqued down and what not...