Engine Trouble....Please help!

Dsanchez16

I was driving on the highway a few days ago, going about 80 MPH and the engine cuts out. The car remained on, i was going downhill and switched to a lower gear to try to get it to respond; nothing. I put it back in 5th and it was alive. I exited the highway and stopped at the first light, naturally putting it in neutral. This is when it died and would not come back to life. I went to the shell across the street and put oil and water in it and it seems to run fine again, however I have to drive this car home (another 45 miles) is it safe? What could be causing this?
The temperature gauge was fine, however the fluid resovior was dry and I am not sure about the oil levels.

someone advise.

Thanks

Dsanchez16

new stuff.

the engine seems to cut out at a set amount of milage, i think every 15 miles the engine dies.....what the hell is going on?

bluelightning

when the engine gets to a sertain temp it shuts off and the gauge that u look at only works with coolant in the engine so that could be the prob.

Dsanchez16

well....

I think it's my ECU, because it's like clockwork how the engine dies. How can you tell if the ecu is faulty?

let me know some1

hyper98gsr

just unplug the ecu relay for about 10 mins.

if that dont work then borrow someone with the same obd ecu as you and install it.

Dsanchez16

wel..

ha just took it to a good mecanic and he fixed it in no time. Never explained what was wrong, just runs fine now.

slikk

Money Getter
Re: wel..

Originally posted by "Dsanchez16"

ha just took it to a good mecanic and he fixed it in no time. Never explained what was wrong, just runs fine now.
so u dont know what exactly you paid for ?

Eviloliv3

Nobody Listens To Me
Originally posted by "hyper98gsr"

just unplug the ecu relay for about 10 mins.

if that dont work then borrow someone with the same obd ecu as you and install it.
its not 10 minutes, its 10 seconds, and then let it idle for 1 minute, and then turn your lights on for 1 minute