engine turns over, but will not start......

blacknightteg

I drive a Reject Special
alright so i get out of work today and get in my car to go home, turn the key, and nothing. interior lights come on, the motor is turning over, but the motor will not start. did a spark plug test, no spark, tightened the shit out of the battery terminals. I also checked the distributor, the cap looks good. checked the fuses for the ecu, ecu fuse is still in tacked. so thats the problem, to put it simply like said before, and in the title; the car turns over, the car wont start. i can smell fuel like its trying to get to the injectors, but it wont spark. anyone know what it could be? now also keep in mind, i had my engine swapped a month or so ago to a b20. just for a little back ground. i had also been having idle problems for a while and now it just wont start.

blacknightteg

I drive a Reject Special
no to all the above answers. i am a notice at all of that and would not have known to do that. i had it towed to a shop and dropped the keys off for them to look at it tomorrow. im posting up here about the problem just to find out what could be the problem.

blacknightteg

I drive a Reject Special
is that going to be an expensive fix? like im trying to prepare myself for the amount of money that i am about to have to spend. i know distrubutors are expensive, what about the main relay?

Noodler

no spark means something in the dizzy.

i fried my icm and the car would turn and crank all day, everything else worked good too. replaced it and it started fine.

blacknightteg

I drive a Reject Special
it seems like that is the common consensus around what it is. i am just trying to figure it out. ugh! i knwo its gunna be rather expensive to fix.

if u do the work yourself it is cheap.. I would also make sure u have a STRONG charge on the battery. if the battery is low it will not give u much if any spark.

prolly either the main relay very cheap fix if u do it yourself.

btw as I put in my pm to you.. I have that relay.. its new and for your records if u want to try and find one locally the OEM part number is:

39400-S10-003

Last edited:

ManDown

Check your coil

Did you check your ignition coil? I had the same thing with my 94 LS and it all I had to do was take it to an autoparts store and have them test it. It's just two screws to unmount it and two more screws to disconnect the wires. You have to take off the rotor to get to the coil though. I've been able to disconnect the two wires, wait a couple minutes and put them back on and then the engine will start. If it does then you know your coil is going bad and you should have it changed.