Engine won't turn over anymore

93lsbro

Hi everyone long time reader first time poster. I have a 93 integra LS and today it decided to stop working. It started fine in the morning twice. Then after i let it sit for two hours it stopped working. When i go to turn the car on the dash lights up; once i try to start the engine theres a semi loud click noise from the engine bay and the whole car goes dead. Anyone have any ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

93lsbro

hrmm, i shall check both of those things tomorrow and post back here tomorrow. Thanks for the input!

Ben303

check to see if you battery is charged up, the starter wont work if the battery is getting low and it will click. instead of starting. that dosnt mean its broken. try charging you battery before you buy a new starter. and maybe buy a new battery if it keeps happening.

Hunter1208

Integralove
I had this happen with my old jeep it turned out to be really crappy power wire and crappy battery but I would load test the battery twice to make sure it can produce enought volts to crank the car. And test the alt voltage should be around 14.volts

93lsbro

Im going to see if the car will start with a different battery i have lying around. Also it could be the cables as they are pretty old and have their fair share of corrosion.

SnD3

If your battery is continuing to do it, after you try a new battery, it's the alternator, or power wire, that goes from the alternator, to the fuse box... I have this issue on mine, and I need to replace it... It's due to corrosion, which is common!

93lsbro

Thanks for your input everyone! As of now the car is working. I sprayed some battery cleaner on the battery and on all exposed pieces of copper wire belonging to the battery cables. Hopefully when i have time ill be able to replace some of those cables.... Also the battery is 6+ years old i found out :O

SnD3

Thanks for your input everyone! As of now the car is working. I sprayed some battery cleaner on the battery and on all exposed pieces of copper wire belonging to the battery cables. Hopefully when i have time ill be able to replace some of those cables.... Also the battery is 6+ years old i found out :O
Well, there is your problem! lolz