Even boot floor

sylvaner01

G'day guys, for a while I have wanted to make the floor of my boot even, without the tire sticking through!
I want this for two reasons:

1: as you can see my sub doesn't sit very well in the back of my boot. I made a custom sub box but that doesn't sit the greatest either.

2: My boot feels too low, every time I put something in it feels like I'm reaching deep into the magicians hat to pull stuff from my boot.... so I want to raise the floor up a bit so it is easier to pull heavy stuff out.. such as slabs of beer..... what else do you keep in a boot?

If I go ahead and do a writeup would anybody else be interested?
Are there any write ups out there already?
Cheers

Last edited:

JGvtec

You totally lost me. :what:

Edit: Now there are pictures so i can see 8)

Last edited:

The Panch

The Homie
he means trunk....

they called them boots in the ol days

"Put the dead body in the boot of the car"

The Panch

The Homie
and its a good idea. im interested for my spare is a full size and makes that little peice of wood that supposed to be flat and even stick up and ..well uneven

speedin

The Transporter
You totally lost me. :what:
I got it. I have not seen it done before but im sure there are easier ways to get a sub to fit well. Plus your going to lose storage space. Now it would be cool if you put the sub inside that raised floor.

sylvaner01

haha Pics uploaded Jordan, get me now?

haha i'm not editing the whole thread replacing "boot" with "trunk" for yall Americans ;P

The Panch

The Homie
i knew it was uk. bcuz of the movie rocknrolla

sylvaner01

I dont think mine is meant to be under the wood, the tire is as low as it goes and the wood surrounding the tire is where it should be =D
Also its Australia, not UK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the bloody UK coppied us, not the other way round!!

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
*sigh*...

well, my boot doesnt sit too low. I'll trade ya cars? You pay shipping. lol

this is how a friend of mine made his spare fit... and its the only thing that came to mind in this thread.... even tho its not what youre talking about. lol

mirrorimg

Tire should most certainly sit under the wood/particle board.

Theres a threaded portion under there, where you should have a screw that secures the wheel to the bottom.

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
my spare sits under the cardboard nicely. it still has the foam spacers to keep the cardboard from sagging

you could make one out of plywood

SnD3

I have yet to see a full size spare sit properly under that... I have a dinky doughnut, which is what came with the car, from the factory... The floor is some 1-2" too short to house a full size tire properly... If you could use some thin plywood, and put spacers evenly throughout the trunk, to support the weight on top of the plywood, that would be good! I could totally do it, but it's just extra weight for me, and would really have no point in my car! lol A write up would be cool, though! ;)

sylvaner01

Yeah I was thinking about building it using some MDF as the floor and using pine spacers to get the required hight.
Weight isnt too much of an issue as i'm not building a race car, practicality is my main focus.