exhaust advice. please help

mikexmayhem

so i bought an ebay exhause. ha. crap. at certain rpms, in every gear, it sounds like its vibrating. like the bolts are loose and wiggling or something. i have done EVERYTHING to make sure the bolts stay tight. it still makes that sound. any idea what it could be??

if i cant figure it out i want to buy an REAL exhaust system. nevermind the cost, what is a really good sounding quality exhaust system. whether its a full system or just headers back. id like to get a new cat too.

any advice would be greatly appreciated! thanks

mike

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
"full system" is header back... which would cost alot if i were to do it.hytech header, and then a test pipe and 2.5" custom piping to spoon axle back or my greddy. Or cat back would be in the neighbor hood of 600. why do you wnat a new cat? just get a test pipe

wite2nr

the noise is probably not loose bolts its probably the exhaust rattling and hitting against your undercarriage. but I like the apexi nior ws for that sleeper look. sounded great on my hatch. if you want a loud great sounding exhaust the skunk2/apexi fart cannon cat back exhaust sound clean and deep, very nice as well.

mikexmayhem

hey thanks everyone. i am looking for loud. but not ear splitting. i did have someone slowly accelerate until about 5k rpm and i watched the exhaust. it didnt vibrate at all. but maybe while in gear it does. is there something i can wrap the pipes with maybe. like some kind of foam or insulation to keep it from hitting. it doesn't look like its close enough to touch anything. and im 100% all my bolts are tight. ive checked over and over just to be sure. and further advice or suggestions would be appreciated. thanks for all the help

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
hey thanks everyone. i am looking for loud. but not ear splitting. i did have someone slowly accelerate until about 5k rpm and i watched the exhaust. it didnt vibrate at all. but maybe while in gear it does. is there something i can wrap the pipes with maybe. like some kind of foam or insulation to keep it from hitting. it doesn't look like its close enough to touch anything. and im 100% all my bolts are tight. ive checked over and over just to be sure. and further advice or suggestions would be appreciated. thanks for all the help
A'PEXi N1. :thumbs up

mikexmayhem

Yes I've heard they are good. But its not the muffler I'm wanting to replace. Unless they have a whole system. But it would be really awesome if I could fix this one since I've already got it

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
Yes I've heard they are good. But its not the muffler I'm wanting to replace. Unless they have a whole system. But it would be really awesome if I could fix this one since I've already got it
The A'PEXi N1 is available in a cat-back system.

g3teg97

Super Moderator
I am willing to bet it's just something inside of the exhaust. I have seen/heard people use those types of exhaust and all kinds of issues happen. It's not quality to say the least.

If you're looking into loud, I'd look into the A'PEXi N1, HKS Hi Power, Tanabe Medalion Concept G or Skunk2 Megapower. All are quality exhausts systems and offer the cat-back system.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
And if you want a really loud exhaust, you can get the Spoon N1 or Buddy Club Racing Spec II.

dc2darkness

I had the tanabe medallion concept G on my 05 eclipse it sounded bad ass thats what i'm gonna get for my teg. also it has advantax packing shit in the muffler so no worrying about a rattling silencer.

94dc4

My name matches again lol
How come no one is saying A'PEXi WS2? I was gonna get one for my DC4.

And wherever he is, he might be required to have a cat.

*edit* he said loud, lol nvm. I think that thing only makes noise when you floor it.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
How come no one is saying A'PEXi WS2? I was gonna get one for my DC4.

And wherever he is, he might be required to have a cat.

*edit* he said loud, lol nvm. I think that thing only makes noise when you floor it.
I used to have the WS2. Even at WOT, it wasn't loud.