exhaust and header question

dekaf

pǝʇuɐɹb ɹoɟ buıɥʇou ǝʞɐʇ
I'm looking at getting the greddy ti-c cat back exhaust, but see the thing is. I don't want the cat, my town doesn't do emissions, and i could def use that extra hp gain. i dont care about illegality. so if i were to remove the cat, could i just get a test pipe and put that in place. or what can i do to get a good deep sound like the greddy ti-c with no cat. also if i get this, will it bolt onto my stock header. i dont got the cash to upgrade but i need a new exhaust

WAR 178

Premium User
a muffler shop will turn all of the flanges needed to bolt up to your headers (the test pipe) The cat back exhaust is from the cat back, so being said... you can run whatever setup you wanted cat/ no cat. But I will say that even if your town doesnt test for emissions, the cops love to give a ticket for not having a cat on tuner cars! Its a scam

dekaf

pǝʇuɐɹb ɹoɟ buıɥʇou ǝʞɐʇ
a muffler shop will turn all of the flanges needed to bolt up to your headers (the test pipe) The cat back exhaust is from the cat back, so being said... you can run whatever setup you wanted cat/ no cat. But I will say that even if your town doesnt test for emissions, the cops love to give a ticket for not having a cat on tuner cars! Its a scam
hmm ok, but does that mean i have to buy a test pipe in place of a cat? or how does it all work

WAR 178

Premium User
yea, a test pipe is also called a cat delete. or while at the muffler shop they can make a pipe extension after removing the orig. cat with an O2 bung placed in it. OR get a high flow cat converter that might give you the flow/tone of having no cat but you know that you are still legal if johnny 5-0 were to check.

jznsn2u

I wouldn't get the test pipe or the greddy ti-c. Why? because its loud as fawk. If you take it to a muffler shop you could have a test pipe fabricated.