exhaust fell off :(

David.95LS

Delwarian
well my exhaust broke right where the flange is from the stock resonator to the piping, so i just cut the muffler and stuff off for now so it wont drag anymore. but ii was wondering has anyone bought the e-gay cat back exhaust then put a good axle back and use that instead of the ebay can? im kinda short on money from snowboarding and i need to get a new cat back system within this week, so i need some opinions on this setup.

DB7xsjado

Old Skool
is the muffler still good? if so I'd just go get it done at a good muffler shop..get whatever size piping you need

David.95LS

Delwarian
ebay exhaust is great :)

never used an exhaust from ebay but always hear good things about them
yeah, i used to have a cavalier, and was on jbody.org a lot and you would get flamed like crazy if you even consider ebay exhaust, but im thinking about just doing it anyway and seeing how it sounds first. Then if it sounds like fried rice, ill get a good axleback.

is the muffler still good? if so I'd just go get it done at a good muffler shop..get whatever size piping you need
i have a welder and i can weld pretty good but its time for an upgrade and im swapping a new motor next weekend so i might as well get exhaust now :) just needed a reason to buy it! haha

thanks for the advice though!

David.95LS

Delwarian
the flamers have endless amounts of money to spend on a car thats worth 3k
yeah tell me about it, at the end of the day its just a car, thats why im kinda cheaping out on exhaust, cause i would rather have a good day of boarding, then an exhaust that doesnt please other people lol

94dc4

My name matches again lol
ebay exhaust is great :)

never used an exhaust from ebay but always hear good things about them
I almost bought a complete eBay catback for my DC4 but I read that they're really crappy sound and build quality wise. You do get what you pay for. I don't wanna spend an arm and a leg on exhaust though.

I think AcurInteg96 has the SR*S catback system and is quick to recommend it. I've seen videos and it sounds pretty good. I hope to get one after I get my car back. It's cheaper than the name brand shit too.

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
I must be a flamer with too much money...

I would rather buy a nice exhaust that is stainless, than buy some piece of shit off ebay. I'll stick to the parts with R&D, because the one time I bought something from Megan it didn't fit. My RS*R Ex-Mag fits perfect, made of stainless steel, and sounds nice.

XxCaryxX

I understand it both ways. If I could afford baller parts I would drop money on them in a heartbeat, since I am still in college I can see where the need to spend wisely would come in. R&D is a key component in all categories though.

94dc4

My name matches again lol
I understand it both ways. If I could afford baller parts I would drop money on them in a heartbeat, since I am still in college I can see where the need to spend wisely would come in. R&D is a key component in all categories though.
Most definitely.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'

I would rather buy a nice exhaust that is stainless, than buy some piece of shit off ebay. I'll stick to the parts with R&D, because the one time I bought something from Megan it didn't fit. My RS*R Ex-Mag fits perfect, made of stainless steel, and sounds nice.
same

phatintegra

Banned

same

Freind, bought a replica JDM ITR header form ebay. The metrial did not last long.

David.95LS

Delwarian
well i ordered it last night, but i agree with yall, but its just that i dont have the cash flow right now for baller parts lol so i gotta cheap out on this because it needs fixed and the stock exhaust was all rusted to hell and where it broke at i dont think its fixable :( but im going to the pick and pull to look for a new motor and see if i can find stock exhaust, and if i do im just going to cancel the order, but if not ill have to deal with the ebay stuff and ill have to make it fit. but thanks the input again :thumbs up

Edit: im not buying any header or anything just the catback, the rest is staying stock until im out of school and have some more money for the good stuff

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND

I would rather buy a nice exhaust that is stainless, than buy some piece of shit off ebay..
thats obvious........:roll: every one would rather have the best exhausti n the world, but not every one has the money