Exhaust for my GSR

DownShift96GSR

Very interesting point you make. But your right. I'm not really worried about emissions cuz where I live you don't need emissions on your vehicle, i'm just worried about the noise level cuz of the cops pulling me over and wasting time.

hyper98gsr

DownShift96GSR said:
Very interesting point you make. But your right. I'm not really worried about emissions cuz where I live you don't need emissions on your vehicle, i'm just worried about the noise level cuz of the cops pulling me over and wasting time.
must be nice! i hate emissions.

hyper98gsr

the only reason i dont have an exhaust is because i am saving for a good cat back. if the cops didn't harass me over noice and if if i didn't have to do emissions i would have on. this guy was gonna give me a thermal cat-back for 100 bucks, but its way too loud.

DownShift96GSR

I hear you on that one. But if you get a silencer they work well. But you can feel the restriction they cause, but at least you won't get pulled over.

SlyDC2

skunk2 is too loud, greddy is... everyone has it and it's just gay so i don't understand WHY they have it, thermal is nice sounding and deep not all fartish sounding but it's pretty loud, t1r sounds REALLY good but again... loud. i think we see a pattern. they're all loud. stick with stock. :lol:

jdmgsr04

what about jic or buddyclub spec III they make it for GS-R and most integra are they loud?

i heard the buddyclub spec III exhaust and it sounds nice

Dallas_Integra

my friend is in a 03 si, hes running an edlebrock intake manifold and edlebrock headers to a skunk to cat, and i think it sounds awesome. Stock is too weak, gotta feel the vtech man.

MoJoJoJo

Banned
Greddy Is Nice, But Doesnt look as sexy too me,
skunk2 nice jdm look N1 style, but too loud gets annoying after a while(102mm Tip)

the answer? Apexi N1 Catback sys. (90mm in/115mm out)Go wit the whole sys. rather than just the universal muffer,
sexy design, JDM style is always attractive. Very Deep Sound, makes ppl chest echo and when u pass by not a loud annoying sound but a nice deep power sound

ppl might thing otherwise but thats my thought, get watever u feel like gettin its ur money,
the apexi runs for about 600 at the shop but u can get cheaper prices online, all u gotta do is pay for install.

catback is about $550 + Tax (installation included)
Universal Muffer $230 Silver
$250 for color

(Houston, TX Prices) i dunno bout in ur area

Last edited:

DC2LSVTEC

you have a lot of choices of exhaust to choose from, there's the greddy evo, the greddy sp, which is a bit on the big side, the evo is smaller and more quieter than the sp, fujitsubo RM01A sounds good, and so the the fujitusbo power getter, those are more throaty and not as deep, comptech and RS*R GT EX MAGIC, are more sleeper looking designs and aren't too obvious and loud. Then there's the rasp & more throaty exhausts like Apexi N1 straight through design, and on the deeper side is Skunk2 and Tanabe exhausts

HYPE-R

I went to www.vrsexhaust.com and bought a piping kit off of them for 150$ then bought a muffler and put it on. Ur choice to run header back or catback they give u an extra piece of pipeing to make it header back.