Exhaust melting bumper...

DB2 B17A1

Corner Junkie
I've had the HKS Hi Power exhaust for a while and its melting my bumper pretty badly. I have stock headers and a stock cat but from then on is the HKS. My question is, if i get an aftermarket header and a hi flow cat will it possibly reposition the exhaust so it doesnt touch the bumper? Oh and its on oem hangers.

Pic of when i had the HKS first put in, its burned a little more since then.

Thanks for the help in advance....

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
hmm... that might just be fitment... did you buy the exhaust for the gsr or for the ls?

did they make a commercial gsr exhaust kit for 2nd gens because of how rare they are? I don't know, that one is a question.

personally I'd try to bend it of presuade the medal away from your bumper so it doesn't touch. I don't think buying parts will move the exhaust to any different position really... they are usually made to be the "same" size as the stock components so it doesn't screw with anything too major.

are you sure you put the hangers back on in the right spots too? maybe try new hangers? all guesses, I don't know for sure but hopefully something works.

Good luck man, and clean car!

Ghettokracker71

LS/Vturd
My shit did that a little bit,after a while it wasn't a big deal...there was some plastic on my muffler,then it just eventually wiped off. Sucks,but I didn't realize until the damage had been done.

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
The exhaust title said LS/GS/RS but i dont think it matters if my car is a GS-R.
I think the manifold is different the way it comes under the block because it's a different head. BAIRLY different, but it might be enough to affect fitment.