Exhaust Question

cclark1179

I am looking at replacing the exhaust from the CAT back and that includes the CAT. My question is what would be the best and second is there anyone who sells the system including the CAT or do you have to purchase the CAT seperatly from the CAT-Back System? Thanks

dieonne97

I know with my skunk2 megapower R catback it didn't come with a new cat I purchased a magnaflow high flow one. From My catback is 2.75 " with aftermarket headers and it doesn't sound raspy or ignorant loud at all it sounds perfect a nice deep tone to it. But keep in mind I don't have the B series engine I have a (currently N/A) F22A4 in my teg so that could be why it sounds so nice. But to answer your question most catback exhaust systems don't come with a new cat at least from what I know they don't.

cclark1179

what do you do with your car and how much power are you making?
Well it is my everyday car. I just purchased it about 4 months ago and it is completely stock. I want to get the most out of it, and at some point I am going to do an engine swap, but for now I have to replace the exhuast and CAT for it to pass inspection. So easy replacement with out major customizing is what I am looking for. And I would drop the CAT, but I have emmissions and inspection here in PA.

cclark1179

Cat

Which CAT would you suggest then? I was looking at a Thermal CAT-Back Exhaust System, if I go that direction should I get thier CAT also? Does it matter? or what is recommended for CAT and Exahaust?

jznsn2u

Youtube will help you best decide what you want for your car. Check up my exhaust thread in my sig as well.

cclark1179

Youtube will help you best decide what you want for your car. Check up my exhaust thread in my sig as well.
that will help with the exhaust decision. What about the CAT? is is going to depend on the exhaust or what is the recommendation there?

99Integrags

I wouldnt bother with a cat unless you really need one. Most stock cats are high flowing anyway. If anything lose the cat and go with a test pipe but since your car is stock you will lose too much back pressure.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
something CARB legal will pass for sure.
and i would get a greddy sp2 that is deep. 2.36 or 2.25 is the size you want

cclark1179

I wouldnt bother with a cat unless you really need one. Most stock cats are high flowing anyway. If anything lose the cat and go with a test pipe but since your car is stock you will lose too much back pressure.
something CARB legal will pass for sure.
and i would get a greddy sp2 that is deep. 2.36 or 2.25 is the size you want
I need a CAT I have an awful rattling coming from my stock one that is on there now. The previous owner has some screw tie strap around it for some reason. I would lose the CAT but it wouldn't pass emissions or inspection here in PA.

I like the sound of the Greddy heard a couple sounds on YouTube, but again need a CAT first, so should I just stay stock or should I get something aftermarket? And if I go aftermarket? which direction?

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
Something with a low growl to it...
then the N1 in my sig would be your best bet :thumbs up
it does not come with a cat. i dont think full exhausts come with a cat. you have to buy it separate. assaod before, you dont need a new one unless you have to.