Exhaust shop screwed me?

lowazzteg

3rd Super Mario Bro
So I was changing my oil yesterday. I had my car up and while underneath it I was admiring my exhaust. I was telling my friend a story about how I got this wideband O2 sensor for free when I realized it wasn't even hooked up. I double checked and triple checked. The exhaust place I took it to have the test pipe installed hung the O2 sensor plug in between a crevice that leads nowhere.

Aside from that, my stock wiring is only a single wire plug whereas my O2 sensor is a 4 wire wideband. Do I need to rewire a bunch of shit now?

Oh and no, there was no check engine light on at all for 6 months after having it installed. :roll:

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
OBD0 = absolutely no use for a wideband o2 sensor.

why you even have the sensor on a stock car was probably their question. Putting on an exhaust doesnt include running wires for you. lol

lowazzteg

3rd Super Mario Bro
The point is they didn't even tell me they couldn't run the wires. My car has an OBD1 dist and ecu with an a/m intake mani, tb, and fpr. I wouldn't necessarily consider it stock... Plus when I'm running 8 lbs of boost a wideband sensor will come in handy.

a wideband go from the sensor to a wideband gauge.. NOT TO THE STOCK ECU HARNESS..
you car has a stock narrow band oxygen sensor.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
a wideband go from the sensor to a wideband gauge.. NOT TO THE STOCK ECU HARNESS..
you car has a stock narrow band oxygen sensor.
Exactly. Just installing a wideband o2 sensor will do nothing. You need some sort of interface/gauge to make it functional.

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
from the sounds of it, you updated the car then to what the 92-93 version of the tegs are with a bigger hole to breathe thru... thats still considered stock if you ask me.

if you got a a/f gauge then that should come wtih a hook up for the 4 wire. just saying a muffler shop isnt out to hook up your ride, they're down to make the money. to someone who doesnt give a shit "could you install this o2 sensor?" means "just screw it in the hole".:twocents:

if you're that worried, I'd go back and complain... but I mean there's exhaust job did do what you wanted it to by having the system work perfectly fine, ya know?