exhaust size question.....

Muckman

Not a M0derator
The compression really depends on the fuel you plan on using. What octane fuel?

I've read Supertech pistons use different alloy which thermally expands less than the allow used by CP/Wiseco/most others. So you can probably get away with a tighter p2w clearance. I'm thinking .003" but would recommend you find someone who you can compare with.

Call Supertech and ask them the pin wall thickness. Usually the higher compression pistons are designed for all motor applications where ultimate strength is not needed so they save weight by reducing the wall thickness of the pin. And in my case I actually bent the wrist pins in my 2012 motor @ 597hp. Fortunately I caught it before it caused a catastrophic failure.

sps21112

Yeah I seen your build that's why I asked for your opinion. They offered tool steel wrist pins as an upgrade but I don't think I'll be hitting as much power as you are. And for fuel I'm going e85 even tho I only have one station in my town.

Nick_C78

I have seen a couple 4G63 use that turbo and have good results, but again thats a 4G63. I will be interested to see your dyno graph when you get it tuned. Screw your numbers though, I just want to see the curve.

sps21112

guy i bought it from said he made 340 whp at around 12psi on a stock b16a. of course it depends on dyno an a couple other factors but it should be good.

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
I have a feeling you're going to enjoy that turbo, but I am very interested in what your power curve looks like. A friend of mine was running the similar HX35 on his GSX (stock bottom end) with a set of HKS cams, and it pulled very similar to a supercharged GT500. Nice, progressive boost build; plenty of usable power.

sps21112

I have a feeling you're going to enjoy that turbo, but I am very interested in what your power curve looks like. A friend of mine was running the similar HX35 on his GSX (stock bottom end) with a set of HKS cams, and it pulled very similar to a supercharged GT500. Nice, progressive boost build; plenty of usable power.
Im hoping it will build boost a little quicker tho because it has a smaller 9cm2 exhaust housing and i think the hx35 has a 12cm2 housing but the hx35 also has a smaller compressor wheel so the spool might be the same idk.

sps21112

no i was talking about the hx35 turbo spooling a little slower than my he351 because of the exhaust housing. That little t25 spooled like crazy but ran out of breath.