exhaust swap ideas help

MiketheDyke

My job is clean toilets
i dont get why people still suggest the apexi ws2, greddy sp, itr, rs*r, etc. when they say they want a nice deep tone when all those are close to oem.

if you want a loud, deep, non-ricey sounding, the apexi N1 would be your best best. i have oem header, cat and the N1 back. sounds exactly what i was looking for. noticable tone, deep, non-raspy thru the powerband, no annoying drone on the freeway. at WOT, roars nicely :)

Sent from my Glade Air Freshener using Tapatalk.
I hope your right about the n1. I just traded my ws2 for one because it was too quiet. I just hope the n1 won't be riducuosly loud.

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
I hope your right about the n1. I just traded my ws2 for one because it was too quiet. I just hope the n1 won't be riducuosly loud.
its not. at least with a stock header and cat it isnt. .

trust me on my words. the N1 is what youre looking for in a nice, deep tone. mine came with a silencer and i was gonna throw it on. started the car, drove it around and never put the silencer on. i dont even know where it is. lol!!

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
Cus when these threads are made 9/10 of them are looking for quieter yet still want a deep tone etc etc "non ricey". I want an apple.. but i also want an orange. Thats kinda what it sounds like. lol

Honestly none of them "sound oem" except for oem. Oem is for the most part silent, period. Except when you stand right behind it and listen. Any aftermarket can be heard over the engine when youre on the throttle regardless of how quiet some are at different 'times'.

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
except for ws2, sp, ex-mag, twin-loop, etc...

lol!
i remember someone saying the oem itr had a nice deep tone.. wtf?!

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
Those are indeed quieter than most, and sound good with the twin loop being the quietest but still at least 2-3x louder than a stock exhaust. Blake has the ex mag and with non stock piping, it is not classifiable as quiet. lol

i remember someone saying the oem itr had a nice deep tone.. wtf?!
Everyone says this and that is deep... we forget to ask how deep?

The Kev

Vtec? I have V-TAK! Son..
i have a 1999 integra gsr when i bought it it came with dc sports headers catalytic converter bypass and Megan cat back exhaust kit mainly my parents have complained about it being loud and a few neighbors.

was wanting to see if i could get any suggestions on what would be a little bit quieter and the sound to fit the car and not to ricer ish

is there a certain exhaust you recommend and shout i have a catalytic converter put back on?
Not trying to clown or anything...I understand if shut in, square neighbors complain but if your parents are complaining that your car is too loud, maybe its time to move out...other than that, I would go with the APEXi N1...8)

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
I have an idea, stay out of the throttle around your neighborhood. Good way to keep the car quiet am everyone happy.

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
First of all straight pipe. Then 2.5" piping. All factors in how loud an exhaust is so naturally I'd expect it to be more audible. Just helps to show that there's more to it than what people keep saying.

That said, your links don't work on my phone. /cry

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
First of all straight pipe. Then 2.5" piping. All factors in how loud an exhaust is so naturally I'd expect it to be more audible. Just helps to show that there's more to it than what people keep saying.

That said, your links don't work on my phone. /cry
so you havent head the clip yet, cool

my point is the twinloop is not quiet. give me an N1, and i'll show you how louder it is.

Last edited: