exhaust swap ideas help

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
Yea I tried but the area where the image woul be is a blank little square.

This kind of topic is plagued with opinion. In general twin loops are classified as quieter. Each setup is different and it all plays a part. Loud louder. Quiet quieter. Different to each of us. I believe you when you say yours is loud.

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
no, what i'm telling you is.... an N1 is louder than a twinloop, which is already "loud". remember the OP already has a header and a test pipe.

but eh, to each their own. :what:

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
His dc header? Probably stock diameter. Won't make a real diff in the sound. Test pipe will.

I wasn't opposing that the n1 is louder. I know a lot of people that have owned them. My comments are more along side of yours. I recently heard Coy's exhaust and can say under normal driving its very subtle and sounds good. He does have stock diameters though if I recall correctly.

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
havent heard coys, but i'll be damned if its quiet. btw you guys should post clips.

i just thought of something. we should have a thread for sound clips / specs for an archive, i think that would be helpful for a lot of users.

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
His dc header? Probably stock diameter. Won't make a real diff in the sound. Test pipe will.

I wasn't opposing that the n1 is louder. I know a lot of people that have owned them. My comments are more along side of yours. I recently heard Coy's exhaust and can say under normal driving its very subtle and sounds good. He does have stock diameters though if I recall correctly.
mines is all stock from the cat and forward

havent heard coys, but i'll be damned if its quiet. btw you guys should post clips.

i just thought of something. we should have a thread for sound clips / specs for an archive, i think that would be helpful for a lot of users.
i couldve sworn that was already done..??
if anything, ill use my dslr to record. hopefully it wont make it sound like shit like how my phone does.

Sent from my Glade Air Freshener using Tapatalk.

JustinMcGee1

I like Hondas
Someone should make a thread and it should be stickied of all the good bolt ons

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
lol yea there are threads already but if i recall, not much in there... still only good for so much cus of variables but you might get an idea at least of tone.

When i researched sound recording, it was suggest to keep the mic away from the exhaust tip and at a 45 degree angle. Should help the way sound is picked up by the mic. From my own personal experience you should find a quiet area where theres no background/street noise as its easily picked up on the mic. Some cloth, foam or cottonball over the mic should help too.

XslickwhitetegX

UKDM EXPERT
i have a sick rsr exmag sound clip (from the previous owner of my exmag) of my exhaust, just not sure where to upload it,.any suggestions? or does someone want to upload it for me?

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
i have a sick rsr exmag sound clip (from the previous owner of my exmag) of my exhaust, just not sure where to upload it,.any suggestions? or does someone want to upload it for me?
stop being a little bitch and put it on youtube

<3 coy.

Sent from my Glade Air Freshener using Tapatalk.