Exhaust System Recommendation

Knice

Live & Die by Integras
Hey guys...I was wondering if I can get some of your opinions on getting a new exhaust system. Right now my 94 LS 4 doors/Auto is all stock. The other day I noticed smoke from the under the car and looks like its coming from the exhaust pipe from the cat to the muffler. The stock pipe + 2 gaskets cost over $200 from the dealer + $116 to get it installed so I'm looking at about $400 before its all said and done. Since I'm new to this everything I looked at looks good. Is there a system that comes with everything for one price Header, cat, ect. Saw something on Ebay that advertise that. Any type of help is greatly appreciated.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ACURA-INTEGRA-98-01-CATBACK-HEADER-PIPE-EXHAUST-SYSTEM-/150466827594?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year:1994|Make:Acura|Model:Integra|Submodel:LS&hash=item230885954a

Last edited:

gs300cky

that ebay one i wouldnt go with only cuz its no name or i didnt see one but no ive never seen a full kit like that before. i do know you can piece together one for probable 300 and install is super easy its something you can do yourself as long as you have a 14mm 12mm and maybe but probably not 10mm socket and wrench.
if your gonna do it yourself i can tell you what to distep by step.
but anyway i would stick with name brands cuz otherwise fitment can be an issue and also possible cel

mjones73

You're not gonna get a decent full header/cat/exhaust system for anywhere near $400. Start with a cat back if that's whats leaking...

You could go the ebay route but I'd question the quality and longevity of anything you get.

Last edited:

hanyo66

I've ordered many DNA Motoring parts for my Subaru and so far I've had no problems with their quality. I bought a system similar to the one you posted for my Legacy this winter. I didn't want to buy an all new $900+ system since winter was approaching and also because I'm dropping a turbo in my car in the spring, so I wanted something decent to hold me over for the time being.

If you're looking for something cheap for the time being, I say roll with it because for the past five months I've had no problems with my kit, but always remember the rule of thumb: buy nice or buy twice! Look to upgrade in the future.

figmoneyLS

Oem headers. And down pipe, magnaflow hi flow cat, and magnaflow cat back cost me 950 total 500. For the catback. I love the sound of the mgnaflow however I thougt it was an oval muffler but its a can. Still sounds great tho. . That's how I fixed my exhaust leak :)

racerguy06

you said that your car is a 4 door that kit will not fit your car without modification it says it is for a 2/3 door

Afireinside

Has anyone bought and used this kit? It looks like an awesome deal! It's exhaust time for me so i'm looking for a few options.
Thanks

subway21

Ive had greddy evo 2 and an ebay cannon. i sold both and just unbolted the axleback and I think it sounds great, and cheap.

Afireinside

I'm not looking for sound my resonater pipe(b-pipe) is split down the whole seam on the side. I actually would prefer a quite exhaust but will take what gives me power.

Thanx

T-nastyteggy

well generic ebay shit i would never go with quality over quantity and price is always the way to go if you want your car done right so dc makes a pretty cheap header and im a big fan of hks hi-power exhaust systems they are a little pricy but check ebay for a used system shouldnt be to bad they sound awesome really low tone and dont have the high ricer noise

Cripton805

Find out whats leaking and have it replaced. Go custom piping at a muffler shop and stay OEM. Vibrant and Apexi have nice universal exhausts that you can have welded on.

Afireinside

Well it says stock exhaust compatible so I think i'm gonna buy it. My resonater pipe is gonna cost roughly $100 with new gaskets So I think i'll play guinea pig and buy it. I'll probably start by putting the whole exhaust on and if it sound's to ricey i'll add back the fact. cat and if it's still loud i'll add my factory muffler.

I'll let everyone know what I think about it.

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
I heard that the Yonaka kit is a decent exhaust for the price, have no idea how loud or how long it lasts.

I like Criptons method