exhaust too short

JDMB18civic

i've got a 93 civic with a b18 in it, and when i put on my headers my exhaust was a few inches short, is that normal? and what should i do to fix that?

obd1kenobi

CI Transfomer God!
Last question, what model is your hatch, and was the stock cat on the exhaust manifold? And what model civic is the Apexi for?

obd1kenobi

CI Transfomer God!
JDMB18civic said:
i got a 93 dx (hatch back), idk, and idk, cuz my car came with all of that on it
lol, the Exhaust manifolds are diffenet in some of the civic models if the Cat was on the manifold, that being so if the apexi is for a EX or SI then it would be shorter!

teg9five

a.k.a. crabs!
my exhaust is short too. id say buy a new cat thats longer or take your stock one and have the flange cut off one end and have a 4 inch pipe welded to it and then weld the flange back on. this way youre not bitching up your aftermarket exhaust by cutting and welding it.

or you could just have a 4 inch pipe with 2 flanges welded on each end and bolt in on inbetween wherever seems best depending on the bends in the pipe you already have and the clearance of them. but if it were me i wouldnt. because then its just more places for your exhaust to leak. plus with 2 flanges so close together it might be hard to bolt it on.

JDMB18civic

obd1kenobi said:
lol, the Exhaust manifolds are diffenet in some of the civic models if the Cat was on the manifold, that being so if the apexi is for a EX or SI then it would be shorter!
it wasnt on the manifold... at least i dont think it was

JDMB18civic

teg9five said:
my exhaust is short too. id say buy a new cat thats longer or take your stock one and have the flange cut off one end and have a 4 inch pipe welded to it and then weld the flange back on. this way youre not bitching up your aftermarket exhaust by cutting and welding it.

or you could just have a 4 inch pipe with 2 flanges welded on each end and bolt in on inbetween wherever seems best depending on the bends in the pipe you already have and the clearance of them. but if it were me i wouldnt. because then its just more places for your exhaust to leak. plus with 2 flanges so close together it might be hard to bolt it on.
i wanted to get a highflow cat neways lol

teg9five

a.k.a. crabs!
thats your best bet then. just take some measurments. unbolt it and move the exhaust to where it needs to be and then measure from the header to the cat back and then try to find a cat to fit as close as possible. obviously