Extended Lugs & Studs

99sil-teg

Jointhe Wingless Movement
So on my new wheels I was checking them out and a set of normal aftermarket lugs fit in them and fit fine but the basically get swallowed... to where you can't really see them (if you need pics I can get them).

I'm wondering if you can rock extended lugs on normal studs or if you have to get extended studs too.

These are the wheels.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
you can but i think it looks tacky. i would do a combo. blox has their extended lugs for 60 for 16 i believe at weak sauce. :) but you can run extended without the other one

99sil-teg

So with extended lugs I can run them on either studs. Alright... I guess I have never seen someone with extended lugs but not the studs

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
yeah as long as the thread pitch is the same. i would rather run extended lugs with the extended lug bolts. When you use them with stock wheels you use like HELLA thread and i like that security

mirrorimg

You need an open lug if you run extended studs, and short lugs.

Think of how weird it will look with a stud popping a little ways out of that hole... I dont think it will look nice, unless the studs are like, a foot long.

99sil-teg

You need an open lug if you run extended studs, and short lugs.

Think of how weird it will look with a stud popping a little ways out of that hole... I dont think it will look nice, unless the studs are like, a foot long.
So you think just stick with my stock studs and aftermarket lugs for stock studs?

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
i have extended lugs and stock studs for my track wheels....

don't know if I have any pictures of it tho.

I'm not a fan of the extended stud sticking out from inside the lug, but I'll probably do it next year when I replace the wheel bearings.

mirrorimg

So you think just stick with my stock studs and aftermarket lugs for stock studs?
Sure, Maybe Kutcha can get you some pictures. Either that, or the opposite, but I think studs sticking out when you cant see the lugs will look weirds

99sil-teg

Well I think I'm going to still with short lugs and studs and you just won't see any lugs at all...

GSR-TURBO-DC

THE BIG SUPRISE IS NEAR
I personally love the extended lug + lug nut look. I bought my lugs Super long to enhance the look. But we all have different tastes.

For refrence on my ride.

Last edited:

99sil-teg

see the only thing is that the lugs actually fit in the wheel (i'll get a pic in a min)