eyes set on a 95

project90.1

so im saving for a teg. looking for a 2 door 95 any color with good body and runs. iv found a couple I like with high miles but, even tho im planning on switching out the motor I want something I can race off jump. not just a d.d.

do you think I should keep the old engine and rebuild it from the bottom up or buy a engine with low miles and turbo charge it? I want to be naturally aspirated but I want 330 hp and at least 210 torque b4 nos. how much do you think it would cost for the rebuild vs the turbo and w/ nos do you think I could hit 10's I the quarter?

8) cool guys 8) thanks and I hope you can help me

project90.1

Virgina its mild humidity here but it gets pretty cool and airy around this time of year and elevation is sea level basicly its about as good as it can get

jbrown97ls

so im saving for a teg. looking for a 2 door 95 any color with good body and runs. iv found a couple I like with high miles but, even tho im planning on switching out the motor I want something I can race off jump. not just a d.d.

I read this in a literal sense and it scares me. Am I missing something?

Like Dylan said, daily driving a 300+hp integra would suck; for numerous reasons.

project90.1

What's so bad about a 300hp car? That's an average mustang or turbo civic?? Give on the civic

project90.1

My goal is 300 HP, reliable, and affordable build. I want to be all engine at 300 b4 nos if I put it to it. If turboing is cheaper, than that is the way I want to go; but my pockets are skimp + finding a good platform (gs-r) 95, isn't a cheap goal on its own

Last edited:

Russell D

As stated before, you will not make 300whp with a NA B-series, possibly a K, but it will cost an arm and two legs.

You will need a turbo to make the kind of power you are talking about, and you can daily drive the car with that power level; I have a friend that daily drives his 600whp civic and I've borrowed and dd another friends 450whp civic for a couple months while he was overseas.

Making 300whp will not get you near 10's unless you remove everything but a steering wheel and driver seas. I would guess 300whp would be a high 11second car.

Last edited:

Nick_C78

Just do a J35 type S swap. Then i/h/e, cams, and a tune. Thats the only way youll get the numbers you want NA.

jbrown97ls

My goal is 300 HP, reliable, and affordable build. I want to be all engine at 300 b4 nos if I put it to it. If turboing is cheaper, than that is the way I want to go; but my pockets are skimp + finding a good platform (gs-r) 95, isn't a cheap goal on its own

Define skimp. Get ready spend a minimum of a couple grand to half ass it.