FAC3L3SS's '96 EJ6

FAC3L3SS

from teh darkside
UPDATE! My lugs are on, but no photos. You can see them here.

First off, aout 2 months ago I bottomed out leaving the school.

So I decided now is the time to fix this crack, cuz it bugs me and although it's not visible, I feel like it gets stared at. So I got down there to work on it.

Midwest coils:

Scoop insert:

Haggard headlight:

Now on to the work:

All-in-all, I'm extremely satisfied. Best $4 mod ever. The lip is even, and the holes aren't terrible, but some are little bigger than I'd like :lol:

I'm keeping my eye out for purple ties to match the lugs, but who knows what colors I'll swap to. I may eventually make the holes a bit bigger :lol: and go two through every single one so it looks more "stitched."

Enjoy, haters.

Cheesenip

I <3 2.4l's
not gonna lie, I hate 00-02 body styles. but I live what youve done. Except the SRT hood, It would personally drive me nuts with the over hang in the front center.

FAC3L3SS

from teh darkside
Thanks. I had the '00 front bumper before (stock) and went all 03+ which are best IMO. I love the 01 R/T front end, but it was massively expensive, so this entire setup was like <$150. I've got OE hood I rock from time to time, but I always mess with the bumper and latch and stuff to try to mellow out that hood gap. It comes and goes :rofl:

Thanks man! You drive an SRT?

Anguisette

I'mARegisteredUser
I'm liking the bumper fix :p it doesnt look like it was cracked, just a personal touch ahaha . car looks good, keep up the good work and keep us updated:D

nugget

I Love My Toyota.
from what i can see, it looks like the lip and the bumper were painted together and not apart, leaving that paint crack along the two pieces. did you just do the zip tie thing for looks? this could have been a VERY easy fix instead of ruining your lip and bumper with holes in it now.

FAC3L3SS

from teh darkside
Well, it's a poor-fitting Certifit bumper, and since the front lip is for a 99-00 Civic Si, we had to rivet and poly the lip to get it on, so yeah, once it was on, it was staying. That's why you can tell it's unpainted and shit. I could have used some epoxy and gotten back on I'm sure, but since the curves are different and stuff, it was bulging, etc... I didn't wanna drop another $100 to get one corner fixed, plus it gave me another reason to join in on a "new" fad :rofl:

Since the bumper, lip, and paint cost me <$150 last time, I think I'm going to get an OE bumper and do a Civic Type-M lip instead of this Type-R nonsense. It has no flair and will flow a little more. Plus I can "mold" it properly to not worry about cracking (this lip is all beat up on the bottom anyway).

FAC3L3SS

from teh darkside
A buddy of mine from Pittsburgh came up here on Wednesday or so to kick it and do some basic mods. He's got my old SRT bumpers and my spare SRT hood I never ended up using. Kind of interesting to see what was basically my car ~ 1 year ago. He's cool. We snagged these at the local rundown manufacturing plant (like they are hard to find here).

some random creeper...

shim

i need money
haha your neon has nice stance :p
looks pretty good! i remember i used to want one of these neons, mostly the srt-4 but still, hahah

FAC3L3SS

from teh darkside
Haha thanks man. Neither one of our cars is an SRT, but mine used to be full poser status and now he's got my old hood and bumpers on his car haha. I want his side skirts though. I need to adjust the fronts and get maybe 1/4" lower, but I've got to even out the backs first.

FAC3L3SS

from teh darkside
I've had this in the works for like 2 weeks now. Sunday (5/30) we sealed the deal and on Memorial Day I drove down to Greenwood, IN to trade off the Neon for this gem. Only bad thing on it is the rust on the driver's quarter panel, which I'm taking to my painter this week or a quote on getting it welded up. Been driving it for 2 days and I'm hooked. Apparently it's got a Y8 head on it, so I BELIEVE it's a D16Y8 with a huge Ichiban intake and a purple VC. It's a blast and is easier and more fun than the Neon to drive.

Any Honda fans wanna tell me what motor it has? It's got a Y8 head on it.

Also, I've since popped these few with the phone @ work and home, and then a candid one of the girlfriend. She was SUPER skeptic about the car. She loved the Neon. Now she's addicted and wants to drive most of the time :lol:

I'm a crazy Honda newb and know very little about them except that they are easier and last forever with proper maintainence. Stay tuned for mods! (Rust and wheels mostly)

irockdc2

C3 Autoworks Playa
jdm as fuck sticker needs to go...hmm idk man. id almost rather just drive a stock neon