faded paint = repaint or a lot of touch-up paint?

ImElvis

Sup yo'
If you could get Milano Red in a spray can (touch up paint from a dealer) than ill paint the parts that need paining only. I would be pretty easy...just take off the wing, prep it, paint it. Prep the hatch then Mask off the whole car and leave the hatch exposed..paint it. Take off the mirorrs prep and paint.. And touch up any other scraches while you're at it. Shouldn't be too bad just don't skimp out on the prep..the more time you put the better...I've rattle canned a fender on my corolla and it looks PERFECT..it wouldn't of look so good if I didn't prep it good.

If you do have the cash or could save up quick get a good paint job. Shop around here charges between $1500-3000 that's the cost of an Integra but the results are JAW DROPPING mouth watering lol
Lol no offence but I'm trying to stick to tips, DIYs, pros, and self experience. Only way to learn is to do it yourself, if not then just go pro and there won't be any problems.

Some people are trying to keep me away from paint jobs that go for under $5000:roll:, they think the painters will over spray, miss parts like the inside of the door, won't do under the hood, and such.

blaketeg

I <3 Boost
just take it to maaco and have them paint match the malano, got mine done for 299 and its great.

forget all the horror stories you hear about maaco, there not true considering my moms best friend owns one and im there all the time and they do a great job for the little amount of money you are paying.

j13

Keep It Clean
Lol no offence but I'm trying to stick to tips, DIYs, pros, and self experience. Only way to learn is to do it yourself, if not then just go pro and there won't be any problems.
FYI what I said was a DIY.

"If you could get Milano Red in a spray can (touch up paint from a dealer) than ill paint the parts that need painting only. It would be pretty easy...just take off the wing, prep it, paint it. Prep the hatch then Mask off the whole car and leave the hatch exposed clean again..paint it. Take off the mirorrs prep and paint"

ImElvis

Sup yo'
FYI what I said was a DIY.

"If you could get Milano Red in a spray can (touch up paint from a dealer) than ill paint the parts that need painting only. It would be pretty easy...just take off the wing, prep it, paint it. Prep the hatch then Mask off the whole car and leave the hatch exposed clean again..paint it. Take off the mirorrs prep and paint"
Yeah I know. You also said you could do it for me, I'm just trying to say it nicely so it doesn't sound like a straight up "No." -not trying to be a d*ck-

j13

Keep It Clean
Yeah I know. You also said you could do it for me, I'm just trying to say it nicely so it doesn't sound like a straight up "No." -not trying to be a d*ck-
When I said "ill paint the parts that need painting only."

I was trying to say "if I were in your shoes, ill paint the parts that need painting only"

Lol you miss understood my whole post lol I would never work on another mans ride..I have enough problems with my Integra, I would hate having to deal with 2! lol

Good luck with the choice you choose.

ImElvis

Sup yo'
When I said "ill paint the parts that need painting only."

I was trying to say "if I were in your shoes, ill paint the parts that need painting only"

Lol you miss understood my whole post lol I would never work on another mans ride..I have enough problems with my Integra, I would hate having to deal with 2! lol

Good luck with the choice you choose.
Ohh! LMAO I'm so sorry about that.. Thanks though XD

hollowfox

wax the hell out of it i got rid of the heavy oxidation out of it also turtle wax has a spoeacil wax for RED CARS ONLY! WOOT WOOOT i no its realy awsome and works realy well find it use it over and over and over until desierd result then wax the fuck out of it itll look brand freekn new

G3GirL

UUUHHHH-OOOOHHHHHHH...!!!
post a picture and go from there.

touch-up paint is meant to be just that. it's suitable for very minor imperfections, but not to paint whole parts like it sounds like you want to do. if you're even thinking about using touch-up paint for massive areas, chances are it'll come out horrific. do your research.

ImElvis

Sup yo'
post a picture and go from there.

touch-up paint is meant to be just that. it's suitable for very minor imperfections, but not to paint whole parts like it sounds like you want to do. if you're even thinking about using touch-up paint for massive areas, chances are it'll come out horrific. do your research.
whole spoiler (factory), about the whole top of my hatch, and both side mirrors. what do you think, touch up or respray?

ImElvis

Sup yo'
wax the hell out of it i got rid of the heavy oxidation out of it also turtle wax has a spoeacil wax for RED CARS ONLY! WOOT WOOOT i no its realy awsome and works realy well find it use it over and over and over until desierd result then wax the fuck out of it itll look brand freekn new
do you have b4 and after pics? you sound almost convincing :D