failed smog, cali..

The Kev

Vtec? I have V-TAK! Son..
Replace the Fuel Cap...Its probably not holding enough pressure. Just get an aftermarket or head to the Junkyard...
You also might want to replace your exhaust system as well. You might have leaks around the engine bay. My advice repair and replace whats going bad.

yoshi408

Replace the Fuel Cap...Its probably not holding enough pressure. Just get an aftermarket or head to the Junkyard...
You also might want to replace your exhaust system as well. You might have leaks around the engine bay. My advice repair and replace whats going bad.
Fuel cap has been replaced , ill get the exhaust replaced is it a good idea to get the cat replaced as well??

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
Hey man, looks like your cat is going bad. I know this sounds a little sketchy, buy you could try a very small amount of pure acetone. Like 3-4oz per 10 gallons. I used it to pass smog because my NOx were high (acetone drops combustion temps). It will drop all of those numbers, and is a 'cheat' that may work if a cat is too much $. Acetone does however, degrade rubber lines and seals. 3-4oz/10gal is not a strong enough solution to do any damage if you run it through one tank just to pass smog. Just run the tank to almost empty, driving for 30 min - 1 hr before your test. I didn't believe this additive bullsh*t until I was desperate to pass. I tried it and it worked. It has been a few months without issue but I have no long term results yet from using acetone. Just food for thought.

ZaWn

Hey man, looks like your cat is going bad. I know this sounds a little sketchy, buy you could try a very small amount of pure acetone. Like 3-4oz per 10 gallons. I used it to pass smog because my NOx were high (acetone drops combustion temps). It will drop all of those numbers, and is a 'cheat' that may work if a cat is too much $. Acetone does however, degrade rubber lines and seals. 3-4oz/10gal is not a strong enough solution to do any damage if you run it through one tank just to pass smog. Just run the tank to almost empty, driving for 30 min - 1 hr before your test. I didn't believe this additive bullsh*t until I was desperate to pass. I tried it and it worked. It has been a few months without issue but I have no long term results yet from using acetone. Just food for thought.
Sorry dude, the muffler shop I know is in San Jose. Maybe you should try ^ this first. I've heard stories about people doing this to pass smog.

-Z-

yoshi408

Sorry dude, the muffler shop I know is in San Jose. Maybe you should try ^ this first. I've heard stories about people doing this to pass smog.

-Z-
I dont mind taking a drive to san jose to get my cat changed, im originally from san jose, whats the shops name or location?

yoshi408

Was going to try some stuff called iso heet its fuel line antifreeze, its pretty mutch made up of ethanol.

TheIVJackal

Freedom through Jesus
Definitely seems like your Catalytic converter needs replacement. What's your MPG? Fuel cap is tested during smog (pretty sure) so they would have told you if that was the problem.

yoshi408

Definitely seems like your Catalytic converter needs replacement. What's your MPG? Fuel cap is tested during smog (pretty sure) so they would have told you if that was the problem.
Yea fuel cap was tested and failed due to it having cracks on the gasket

ZaWn

The shop is called SpeeDee Muffler in San Jose. I went there before, cause it's close to Tech 3 Performance and playfully asked if they could get me an aftermarket cat and they said "yes". Not sure if the aftermarket cat will pass smog since I never had one installed in my car before.

-Z-