Fake DB8 on craigslist

00DC2TW

How do you think this guy is misinformed? there are real four door type R's out there, and I certainly have heard of people VIN swapping on the firewall... Does that mean it's the legal and right thing to do? no... For all we know this is a real DB8 and he really did do a vin swap on the firewall lol... Certainly can't tell from anything on the pictures... Or his description which is full of flaws lol maybe it is a molested real db8 R with the wrong seats lol...

vtecteggy617

if you go to vehicle descriptions he says its a gsr. i mean it dosnt sound to farfetched

How do you think this guy is misinformed? there are real four door type R's out there, and I certainly have heard of people VIN swapping on the firewall... Does that mean it's the legal and right thing to do? no... For all we know this is a real DB8 and he really did do a vin swap on the firewall lol... Certainly can't tell from anything on the pictures... Or his description which is full of flaws lol maybe it is a molested real db8 R with the wrong seats lol...
if you go to vehicle descriptions he says its a gsr. i mean it dosnt sound to farfetched
Ok, it seems you all think that DB8 denotes only an ITR sedan. DB8 is for all Integra sedans with Vtec (GSR or ITR).
The car looks a little shady though. Swapped over firewalls make me think RHD conversion, not legit imported car.
It seems to have the majority of the cues to denote it as a real DB8R, though I can't say that they all haven't just been bolted on to a GSR body though.

Cripton805

This was salvaged... But firewall swap does indicate RHD...mmm IDK.
Maybe He swapped "ALL" The Vins illegally to register the car.
I would have done an RHD Conversion though along with it.

Would be nice to have a JDM 4 Door TypeR "Illegally" converted to be believed a GSR by swapping all it's vins to another.
Even though I wouldn't do it myself. I really think tha's what he did and that's why it's salvaged. The HOST GSR was likely salvaged and not this ITR

Also, Those wheels don't look like legit 96 Spec Wheels and look like replicas.

Last edited:

8-bit

do what now?
Correct me if im wrong but don't itr have 5 lug pattern?

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
it's beacaus its illegal to drive and register here, i bet someone swapped the vin so they could get a title and register it, i wouldnt go near that thing

meANDmyDB7

actually has an FB6 now.
if i could register this legitimately with no hassle and if i had the cash, LS/RS/GS/GSR, i'll take it. haha. looks dope as hell.

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
swapping out the firewall and not having that VIN#, is a big NO NO in Boston, MA. if for any stupid reason you get pulled over and they check the car your F'd hard, you would need some document stating you purchased the RHD front clip, and evidence of install

edit: VIN swap is a VIN swap, its still tampering with VIN#'s

Last edited:

OlegWasHere

Lol its for sure vin swapped.
if you go into the car history it was registered in south gate, cali in 1994

honestly i dont see it.
if theyre were pictures of the motor etc.. it would be a little more believable.

forgot to add that its ready for fast and furious.

Last edited:

GA TEG

Go learn a thing or two about our car's history, that right there is a real type R..... Just because it is not white, not a two door, and not 5 lug, doesn't mean its not real. Yall got some reading to do.

Last edited:

built_ls

Go learn a thing or two about our car's history, that right there is a real type R..... Just because it is not, white, a two door, and 4 lug, doesn't mean its not real. Yall got some reading to do.
i dont think anyone is questioning the fact that four door type r existence....

but i dont think it is real. too many accident in the history. it was in a accident about a year ago. it was labeled 'junk' at one point. so some one might have did a jdm conversion...

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
i dont think anyone is questioning the fact that four door type r existence....

but i dont think it is real. too many accident in the history. it was in a accident about a year ago. it was labeled 'junk' at one point. so some one might have did a jdm conversion...
i think its a real JDM ITR because it has no sunroof, and its supposed to be a GSR body, but they could of deleted it