Fans won't come on

BankiBoi

I checked under the hood fuses, changed the fan switch, even switched fans to see if that was the problem but still won't come on.
I think my ect the one that controls my temp gauge is bad because it won't move or stays on hot. I can't even get it off, tried Idk what to use to remove it.

But could it be that as to why my fans won't come on?

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
are the fans still good? hook them up to a battery to see if you need to just get new fans

if your asking if your gauge operation will effect the fans its a no, the fans will work even if your gauge is broken.

my money is on your sensor

BankiBoi

fans are good, which sensor do you think it could be already changed the one on the thermo housing the one i can't change is the one with the pin

JrTeg86

I had the same problem on my 95 teg ls, which the main reason was because my ac compressor was out but i just replaced it and now they come on. I'm sure your ac works right? Well it seemed that my fans wouldn't come on unless the ac was on. My check engine light came on last week and i jumped it and the cel flashed 6 times which was for the ect-coolant sensor. I replaced it and now the light went off and the fans come on like they should.

BankiBoi

I had the same problem on my 95 teg ls, which the main reason was because my ac compressor was out but i just replaced it and now they come on. I'm sure your ac works right? Well it seemed that my fans wouldn't come on unless the ac was on. My check engine light came on last week and i jumped it and the cel flashed 6 times which was for the ect-coolant sensor. I replaced it and now the light went off and the fans come on like they should.
i jumped it and im getting the code 42 or 43. my ac is out of coolant and won't blow any cold air. which one is the ect coolant senor? i already replaced the one on the themo housing

checked it again got cel 6 and 41 so i guess im changing that shit again

Last edited:

BankiBoi

cel 6 is gone but still no cooling fans, changed relay but still won't come on!! does my ac compressor need to be recharged for them to work?

Jvest

*GET SHOOK*
Cel 43 is fuel supply
Cel 41 is o2 sensor (I think)
Cel 6 ect
Try jumping the pins on the ect sensor and see if they turn on