Favorite vacation memory?

covert_Con

Senior Ricer
Since this is off topic, what is your favorite vacation memory?

Mine is when I went to London 2 years go for two weeks, but ended up staying for three since we missed our flight. If you ever go over to England, go to duxford. It's one of the most beautiful landscapes you can imagine and has some pretty nice roads.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Well, it may be because it was one of my more recent trips....but last year I went to Italy and Germany. While there, I hit up the 200th Anniversary Oktoberfest, toured the Porsche museum, and went to Florence and Rome. Pretty sweet trip.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Took a trip to Labrador, Canada when I was 11 ('86). My dad's girlfriend (at the time) had relatives up there, actually went with my dad's girlfriend's sister. Little town on the coast called Cartwright, stayed in Goose Bay too. Everyone knew everyone (pop. is 550 today). No one locked their house or cars. The people I stayed with were salmon fisherman, with the nets. Ate lots of salmon, homemade bread and drank lots of tea and played a card game alot that I learned for the first time and got absolutley addicted to (but no cards on Sunday which made me pissed, lol). And they love Cheez Whiz up there, lol. I went out with them tending the nets a few times, it was chilly on the water even in July. That was a pretty unique experience, good people up there. I got to ride a big passenger plane for the first time on that trip, rode small planes, sailed on all types of boats, saw icebergs. Sometimes they'd call me a Yankee, which I didn't like because I'm a Red Sox fan, I'd tell them to call me a Patriot instead, heh.

Also mom took all us kids on a trip to Washington DC in '87, saw the Smithsonian museums, Lincoln memorial, Washington monument, Jefferson memorial, touched the Vietnam Wall, and saw homeless people picking through trash cans, which I couldn't believe I was seeing. We stayed at the Comfort Inn, drove mom's new Subaru down that had a digital cluster which I though was sooo awesome (not sure the model), and wore tacky as hell Jams (you'll have to be around my age to know what Jams are).

Charly[horse]

Name = John
Mine is simple but moshing at As I Lay Dying Concert and having my ears ring for three days after that concert, it was amazing!!!! I'm pretty sure a week from today I will have better memories after I see Lecrae in concert in MN :p