Fearing death :'(

sleepybrown

Bought my integra back in August, a nice 4dr for the price but as always its gonna come with problems. But as lately the problems have been amounting. Im not "car saavy" but i know my way around to get through the day still learning. Since about 3 weeks ago, when i noobed myself and melted my coolant overflow resivor and replaced it things havent seemed like normal. Before it got replaced it took my car a lil while to heat up, now i hope in and by 1/2 a mile its already creepin past the cold line, and heats up a bit higher than it normally does. And before that the over flow resivor never emptied out, now in a week the resivor was dry? Now ive replaced my oil not even 2k miles ago, and tonight i checked oil level and it was plum dry! Never since i got the car it never dried out oil, and this time its burned through it before the 3k mark! Any ideas or help here would be nice so i can figure out where shes gonna take me soon

jcrabb13

Registered Abuser
how do you drive? hot roddin around time can burn oil, and old teggys are prone to it. definitely keep some oil in the trunk if you drive like an ass (speaking from experience :thumbs up)

sleepybrown

i dont really hot rod it, but last night playing with my buddy in his 330i we hot rodded for awhile. But thats the only time since oil change that ive done it. its got 175xxx on it so im babying it to keep her going for awhile cause im a poor white kid

jcrabb13

Registered Abuser
preaching to the choir.

mine just rolled over into the 190s and rumor has it coy is somewhere between 225-250

slo-LS

OP, do you see any oil leakage around the valve cover/cam plug? my teg had an oil and coolant leak recently. my valve cover gasket and cam plug needed replacing, which solved the oil leak. the car was leaking coolant when revved a bit and i suspected it to be a radiator cap problem. i cleaned out the reservoir and replaced the radiator cap and that solved the coolant leak.

hope this helps, keep us updated!

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
does your car smoke at all, and also does the radiator fan turn on, it could be anything from, head gasket failing, thermostat, fan switch, or water pump, keep us posted and let us know more symptoms b4 you go changing anything i listed

TheIVJackal

Freedom through Jesus
Could be a blown headgasket and/or fried piston rings which would explain oil. Are you noticing a leak under your car anywhere?
- Aaron

Rich-PMS

My car burns oil.

I check it every few days.

I've also run 15w40 truck oil and it lasted about a month before it got 1/2 qt low.