Feelin pretty down

Teggy64

Got vtec?
Ok, so i met this girl at work last summer. We started talkin and started to hang out a few times. Then i sorta lost contact with her until a few months ago and decided to fb message her. So we start hangin again and I think everythings pretty good. I really like her and i thought maybe she did too by the many times we hungout alone together.

Well obviously I couldn't go off just that but then she asks me to go to her prom with her. So, I think "Great! she likes me!" Then today we met for coffie and to discuss prom stuff and i asked her if wheather we were going as friends or as like a date, and she tells me we're just going as friends.

I'm kinda pissed cause i feel like she led me on alittle and im pretty sure she knows how i feel about her. I can see that just cause she likes hangin with me doesn't mean she likes me, but to ask me to go to prom with her is kinda a big deal. I mean maybe she's testing the waters to see how we do on a more date like setting, but im still feeling really bummed that after all this i got delt the friend card. Any one have any advice?

8-bit

do what now?
Well I would go bc that would the "friend" thing to do even though you like her.. And maybe she's is just testing you. Throught the whole thing try too give her hints that you want her more then a friend. Good luck.

jcrabb13

Registered Abuser
dude. its prom. just go. you never know what will happen. find a prty afterwards and let the alcohol do the thinking :alcoholic :headbang:

future reference, never ask if you are friends or more. cause now you have kind of set yourself up to where she wont expect anything, where as if its never out in the open there is always a thought in her mind. you pretty much friend zoned yourself.

G3GirL

UUUHHHH-OOOOHHHHHHH...!!!
Ok, so i met this girl at work last summer. We started talkin and started to hang out a few times. Then i sorta lost contact with her until a few months ago and decided to fb message her. So we start hangin again and I think everythings pretty good. I really like her and i thought maybe she did too by the many times we hungout alone together.

Well obviously I couldn't go off just that but then she asks me to go to her prom with her. So, I think "Great! she likes me!" Then today we met for coffie and to discuss prom stuff and i asked her if wheather we were going as friends or as like a date, and she tells me we're just going as friends.

I'm kinda pissed cause i feel like she led me on alittle and im pretty sure she knows how i feel about her. I can see that just cause she likes hangin with me doesn't mean she likes me, but to ask me to go to prom with her is kinda a big deal. I mean maybe she's testing the waters to see how we do on a more date like setting, but im still feeling really bummed that after all this i got delt the friend card. Any one have any advice?
i think you're reading a little too much into it. if she says you guys are just going as friends, there's probably no hidden meaning. she's not testing you. she's not seeing what you'll say. she's telling you that you guys are going as friends. lol

when is prom? not to be the Negative Nancy here, but is there any chance that she asked you because it was convenient for her? as in she doesn't have a ride, doesn't want to pay, or doesn't have a date? i know it sounds mean, but some girls will use guys to their advantage (same goes both ways obviously). just be smart about it.

it's really up to you if you decide to go or not, depending on how upset you are that you think she led you on. it's just prom, not a marriage. you could always go and leave early if it sucks. you'll never know if you're going to miss out on an opportunity because you didn't take the risk.

Teggy64

Got vtec?
dude. its prom. just go. you never know what will happen. find a prty afterwards and let the alcohol do the thinking :alcoholic :headbang:

future reference, never ask if you are friends or more. cause now you have kind of set yourself up to where she wont expect anything, where as if its never out in the open there is always a thought in her mind. you pretty much friend zoned yourself.
no, im still goin with her, she even wants to see fast 5 with me tomorrow. And yeah i had thoughts about the whole "friends zone thing" but even thought i knew i shouldn't, i just really wanted to see where we stood, but thanks for the advise. She also realy likes my teg, specially the type r seats. I even taught her how to drive stickshift which was sorta a success but she couldn't get my car in first lol. She wants me to teach her bout cars and how to mod her new civic. So I think there may be hope yet, I just hope it's soon!

JemmieN

not a girl lol
Ahh senior prom...Didn't go because my girl couldn't make it. She lives in Houston now and I'm in Louisiana. sucks

Teggy64

Got vtec?
i think you're reading a little too much into it. if she says you guys are just going as friends, there's probably no hidden meaning. she's not testing you. she's not seeing what you'll say. she's telling you that you guys are going as friends. lol

when is prom? not to be the Negative Nancy here, but is there any chance that she asked you because it was convenient for her? as in she doesn't have a ride, doesn't want to pay, or doesn't have a date? i know it sounds mean, but some girls will use guys to their advantage (same goes both ways obviously). just be smart about it.

it's really up to you if you decide to go or not, depending on how upset you are that you think she led you on. it's just prom, not a marriage. you could always go and leave early if it sucks. you'll never know if you're going to miss out on an opportunity because you didn't take the risk.
She's not the type that uses guys thought, prom's may 20th as for the not having a date thing... I'm not sure on where i ranked on her list of choices. The strange thing was when I asked her she responded with a sorta "im not sure" tone in her voice.

Last edited:

G3GirL

UUUHHHH-OOOOHHHHHHH...!!!
you'd be surprised.

i say just go and see where it takes you. quit worrying about how you think she might feel about you and find out.

...but chances are, if she's telling you she wants to just be friends, she just wants to be friends. overanalyzing things just ends up nipping you in the butt at the end. go for the experience.

jcrabb13

Registered Abuser
i say just go and see where it takes you. quit worrying about how you think she might feel about you and find out.
i might have said that exactly in more words higher up...its possible... lol. no but really. x2