Fender Bender

ramblin_wreck08

Curves > Straights
What a way to start spring break. Got into a 5mph fender bender. I was turning left across 2-lane traffic. The lady in the first lane motioned for me to go, and I guess I didn't look hard enough because I didn't see the guy in the Accord that was coming up in the other lane. It doesn't help that it was a blind hill. My buddy saw him at the last second and yelled for me to slam on my brakes. Good thing, or it would have taken out my door.

Here's my Teggy. Not too bad. All I need is to buff it out, add some touch-up paint, and put in a new blinker.

His didn't fare as well.

I managed to talk him out of getting the insurance company or cops involved (save me some $), and only gave him my name, phone number, and email address (thank goodness he just graduated from the college I go to.. so he was more willing to trust me). He's gonna get a couple quotes and we'll go from there. Any idea how much it costs to get a new/painted/installed bumper for a 2000 Accord?

Last edited:

rexpepper123

200-400 wainted. my buddy had someone scratch his 2001 impala bumper while he was reading in his car ended up costing the guy 680 for it

DarkDB1

It's $255 (average) for the bumper cover, It'll probably be about 2 hours of labor with the average body shop rate being $80 a hour, It's $110 for paint... Not sure on clear, I can't remember but i'll guess about $100 then and about 2 hours of labor for paint... Then whatever clips go for. So I think it'll be around $795. Which amazingly sounds extremely close to what the estimate was for when some guy backed into my old Integra ($810 [bumper cover+paint])

festetech

I hate when there are two lanes and one person stops. The person in the other lane almost never stops. I ran cross country in high school, and i almost got taken out by a lady in a SUV talking on her cell with a dog in her lap.
Your teg did not get too much damage, cheers.