Few questions on ES poly bushing/suspension install

Blk_DC

Hello CI!

Well I finally purchased my supsension setup and ready to do the install!
Tein SS w/ oem tophats
blox rear LCAs
ES poly. hyperflex bushing kit & ES RTA bushings(still waiting on these from a fellow memeber :D)

Side note: I do plan on running ITR rear sway bar and aftermarket subframe brace! but ran out of money this summer =/

As for the 3 questions

Within the hyperflex bushing kit.. bushing part # 8096(upper shock mount bushings.. 8 total.. 4 front 4 rears) Where do these install? MY tein Ss already had oem tophats mounted when I recieved them...

The 4 smaller single bushings(the larger 2 are for the lower shock mount position on the LCA)

I do not have a press and wish to not torch them.. shop quoted me 200 to do this for me lol has anyone used the Threaded Rod technique? I came across this while reading import tuner.. heres a link to the articleDIY Bushing Removal And Replacement - Import Tuner Magazine
they did it on the steering rack bushings.. I thought that would be easier than lower control arms, since that is what I am mostly worried about?? lol

I have a helms, and read the part mentioning to pre-load the bushings/suspension... now I am confused on how to do this.. I will be replacing my entire bushing kit, RTAs, and full body coilovers at the same day/time.. How would I find my ride height?

-I know to measure from the center of the wheel/axle nut area to the floor or fender
-jack the car up and place on jack stands
-jack the suspension until the weight of them car is on the suspension and to correct ride height as measured before
-torque all bolts down to spec

but i will not be using stock suspension as before..
-should I just install everything
-tighten it down
-lower the car and measure then
-jack it back up/place on stand
-loosen all the bolts and re-torque them to spec while being preloaded?

any other better ideas, or proper way?

I probably sound stupid, but I just want to do this efficently and correctly.. as I don't want to bind/warp/screw up any of my new RTA or poly bushings??

Thanks in advance!

Last edited: