Few Quick Questions

DA GSR KID

Hey guys its been a while since ive been on here since then i lost one of my 2 gsrs in a divorve :cry: but now i guess the good news i can just focus on one! but besides that just a few quick questions one i think my 02 sensor is going bad.. everyonce in a while my car when trying to accelorate it starts breaking up and then comes on strong after it seems like it clears up the problem. but heres the kicker ive got no CEL so i dont no if its the sensor or not! i have known alot of people to have problems with them dang sensors. just curious what u guys think? it dont happen all the time just sometimes.... my 2nd question is i am in need of new rear calipers i believe i get the jerking feeling that the rear calipers are hanging up and when i recently went to change the pads i couldnt get the pistons to screw in so anyone got segestions on fixing the problem or am i stuck with just getting new calipers? let me no what you guys think!!! thanks a ton!:drive:

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
what do you mean by bottle necking?:shock:
3" --> 2.5"

^ Example of bottle-necking. An exhaust system should be 2.5" --> 2.5" or 2.5" --> 3".

P.S. Don't pay attention to the numbers. I picked them just to show you an example.

DA GSR KID

well im running a dc 4-1 header and 2.5 catback you think that would make the car fall apart and break up like that? i just put the exhaust on so i no its not clogged. plus i got a high flo cat

mirrorimg

The O2 sensor doesnt always throw a code, from what Ive heard.

Could be dirty injectors, or a failing fuel pump.

I think you can get a rebuild kit for the calipers. Or you can get some refurb ones and trade in your old ones to get the Core price back. Or you can upgrade to bigger rotors+calipers (legend upgrade!)

DA GSR KID

?????????

its has always had the exhaust on it since i bought it the only thing i changed with that was the cat and 4-1 header. well i guess from what i can figure im getting about 200 miles to a tank of gas is that a bad thing or is that about right for a gs-r? :what:

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
high way i get 400 miles. combined is 300. my friend combined is 250 with a b16 tranny. try a tune up.

PS, thanks matt for the description of bottle neckign i forgot to add it

TheSickestDC2

Banned
Has Anyone Ever Seen Or Hurd Of An 02 Sensor Causeing Cut Out Problems B4?
i never heard of it cutting out problems before, but it will give you bad gas millage for sure, but like above i would try a tune up

cap
rotor
plugs
wires
fuel filter

and try putting in some injector cleaner and if that help/works just buy some new injectors gl with the fix

redjdmdc2

dude i had the same problem checked the cap nothing rotor nothing spark plugs were dirty so i changed him i mean ngk for 2 bucks each come on, then spark plug wires ding ding they were shot swapped them for some new duralast ones because i got lifetime warranty and rode like new again. so from my experience i would check the spark plug wires

krazypinoy

i'm having that same problem. it just happened recently after it starting to be like 70 degrees here in ohio.

the engine would sputter a bit like it's going to fail, just in first gear, then it'll clear up going to second.

could it just be fuel injectors? i had the same problem last summer, since them i replaced all the above recommended.