• Function & Form type 1

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Tein Type Basics Damper Kit

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Skunk2 Pro-S Full

Votes: 5 31.3%

• Total voters

Rich-PMS

i know skunk 2 has been around for a long time. but from what my friends say and even the shop the skunk2 rides like shit. unless you get the ones that are 900 bucks
my buddy had full skunk2 on his 04 SI hatch and it bounced more than a pogo stick jumping down stairs.

i've ridden in cars with cut springs on KYB struts that rode 10x better.

paoloDa92

my buddy had full skunk2 on his 04 SI hatch and it bounced more than a pogo stick jumping down stairs.

i've ridden in cars with cut springs on KYB struts that rode 10x better.
THANK YOU EXACTLY MY POINT!

i know skunk2 has been around for a really long time but theyre quality is just not good, unless you buy the top end ones. I think people sell skunk2 just for the name, not so much for the quality...

j13

Keep It Clean
THANK YOU EXACTLY MY POINT!

i know skunk2 has been around for a really long time but theyre quality is just not good, unless you buy the top end ones. I think people sell skunk2 just for the name, not so much for the quality...
Bro, you agreed that skunk2 suspension is just too stiff..how does that make the product low quality? People who actually track their car would LOVE Skunk2, by their aggressive spring rates, that track cars need. If you agree 100% that they're not good for street use and quality than don't buy them, and they don't belong in your pole.

FF type1's are good by a lot of reviews.

Goodluck.

Slider617

I went through this great debate about getting my suspension too. Skunk2 Pro S are stiff and can be bouncy at times from the hundreds of posts I've read. FF Type 1 for the price are great but only have a 1 year warrenty and most things have an issue after the first year. Tein's are great too for the daily drive but lots of people say that they sag or can sag after a while and they too only have a 1 yr warrenty if I'm correct.

Ground Controls so far have been rated the best coilover, for DD and for auto x. When you pair them up with a great strut that can handle your needs and wants with what you want out of the car, you won't complain.

I bought my GC and matched them up with Tokico Illumina's. Tokico offer a lifetime warranty and Ground Controls are made by Eibach. One of the best company's to have ever made suspensions. They've been around for a looong time and you can do custom spring rates too. Your Skunk2's and Tein's are almost as much in price as the GC/Tokico pair up.