Finally got my front strut bar!!

Mildsquare

From the bay to LV
I picked up an APR performance strut bar from a local shop. The car feels nice and solid now, along with my Diy motor mounts and a rear motor mount that's actually bolted down. Next ls either an explicit speed or Password jdm rear strut bar. The only gripe with the bar is, I had to do some finagling to the fuse box to get it to fit( like with most strut bars from what ive seen ) and the bar isn't a solid piece, but for 130 bucks I can't complain to much. Here are some pics of it when i got it. I'll post up installed pics when Iget around to it.

xusake

does it fit your da perfectly? that looks nice. i think i gotta find myself one to.

Mildsquare

From the bay to LV
Not yet. I'll post some up tomorrow. I forgot to mention that i had to install washers so it wouldn't hit the top of the air boost valve. I ended up removing it and capping off the line. car runs fine and hasn't given me any problems. other than that it bolted right up.

Mildsquare

From the bay to LV
sorry to keep you guys hanging. Finally got some pics of the bar.
don't mind the dirty bay. lol

SLoW_18

BoX CuTTa STyLe
ive been wondering, people who have ABS that big a** thing on the left of your bay, how do you find a strut bar for that without removing ABS?

and how much work is it to remove it!? -sorry if these are newbs Qs, im just getting into the honda/acura thing,

obd1kenobi

CI Transfomer God!
oh i mind the dirty engine bay! abd you should too! but strut bar looks nice dude!

Thats a really nice bar.... I want one BAAAAAD!!!

You really need to go to a DIY car wash and clean the engine bay though...

keep the car running...
spray on the degreaser
get the high pressure hose on just avoid the air filter
if they have an air hose spray off the dizzy and filter area and be happy the engine bay is clean.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
Thats a really nice bar.... I want one BAAAAAD!!!

You really need to go to a DIY car wash and clean the engine bay though...

keep the car running...
spray on the degreaser
get the high pressure hose on just avoid the air filter
if they have an air hose spray off the dizzy and filter area and be happy the engine bay is clean.
Shouldn't you also cover the battery and other electrical parts?

Shouldn't you also cover the battery and other electrical parts?
battery no... other electrical part.. u could but I sprayed my wires, I sprayed my cap etc.. I wasn't worried.. I mean if you have everything on tight and there are no cracks u would be fine..

You don't want to high pressure hose any of the electrical.. However the battery wont be a problem.. it can handle moisture.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
battery no... other electrical part.. u could but I sprayed my wires, I sprayed my cap etc.. I wasn't worried.. I mean if you have everything on tight and there are no cracks u would be fine..

You don't want to high pressure hose any of the electrical.. However the battery wont be a problem.. it can handle moisture.
Ok thanks. I need to clean the GE8's engine bay.

Mildsquare

From the bay to LV
post up more pics of the Z and I'll wash my engine bay like you said:lol: I miss my z's:(

The bar is very rigid. i thought it was going to be a solid bar but like most it's hollow. still stiff, now for a few more suspension components and I'll be happy.