Finally made it to the track

01teggy

I ran 15.505 @ 88. Bone stock motor wise, short throw, energy suspension inserts, gutted, 27psi on stock tires.

red98teg

Keep on Truckin
i guess gutting a car is a cheap way to "make" a few hp lol

01teggy

you take the curb weight of your car and divide it by the amount of horsepower you have. The number you end up with is how many pounds you need to take out of the car to get 1 horsepower. For example every 18.9 lbs i take out of my car i gain 1hp.

TeggyBear_Ls

90 EF LS/V 95 DC4
Thats actually pretty good guys, think about it. back in 1999-2000, that gen Civic Si, with the B16 dohc vtec motor ran 16's and that was supposedly quick for being stock then. A Integra running half a second faster than a vtec b16 civic? That's pretty quick.

teg9five

a.k.a. crabs!
you take the curb weight of your car and divide it by the amount of horsepower you have. The number you end up with is how many pounds you need to take out of the car to get 1 horsepower. For example every 18.9 lbs i take out of my car i gain 1hp.
dyno proven? :roll:

Cheesenip

I <3 2.4l's
Wrong..go fail on another website.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
yeah guess gutting it does make a big difference, my fastest is a 16.8 (laugh it up lol)....for real though i need to practice my launch

Cheesenip

I <3 2.4l's
guttin will help you out but no one has ever gained HP from it. I like his little math equation on free hp.

JimmyRos.

07 BMW 328Xi
if that's the case. if i can launch the car and jump out simultaneously while leaving a brick on the gas pedal i should go faster because less weight is in the car. yes....... i must try it!