Finally my introduction...

So I've been lurking around on here and posting the past couple of weeks, but haven't gotten a chance to introduce myself or my ride. I took some quick pics with my phone today before I went to work (sorry for quality). She's a '99 GS-R on her way to a Type-R cloning. I'm from the Northern KY/Cincinnati area, so if you're around me say what's up!

dash clock shows 155,XXX but motor was rebuilt and has about 80,XXX at this point.

this will also act as my progress thread, there's no sense of creating two. so regular additions will be posted here. Updated 9/4/09

List of mods (just getting started, so cut me some slack):

Motor/Performance:
Exedy clutch
7 lb. flywheel
short throw
ngk plugs and wires
no-name catback (on car when i bought it, sounds like can of pissed off bumble bees)
no-name autozone air filter (also on car when i bought it, will go soon as well)
type-r valve cover
dc sports strut bar

wheels/suspension/braking:
15" knock-off's
skunk2 pro s coilovers
skunk2 front and rear camber
skunk2 adjustable ca's on front (blox lca's coming soon on rear)
slotted discs all the way around

body:
full type-r front-end conversion, breakdown...
type-r front bumper cover
type-r hood
type-r headlamps (non-HID)
type-r fenders w/ amber sidemarkers
type-r doors
type-r side views
type-r tails
type-r cf wing
rear tow-hook

Interior:
type-r shift boot
sony xplod head unit
polk speakers front to back
c-pillar bar

probably missing some things, but you get the drift.

give your opinions, be nice :thumbs up

Last edited:

rockadilla

thats right.
:welcome:
Dude that looks pretty sick :thumbs up I can't wait till I get enough money to do a jdm front end lol... Good luck with the build :D

rockadilla

thats right.
thanks bro.

yeah i ended up spending a little over $4k on the front end. motor comes next.
^
Damn 4k!!! lol that's more then my car hahhahaha I won't have that kinda money for a long time lol but it looks awesome :D

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
Welcome man, the teg looks good.

love the ITR spoiler.
the front end looks nice (I'm partial to the frog lights)

Just get rid of that nasty ass ghetto SRI.
Lol like I said, that was on the car when I bought it. It's just an air filter, I've seen the brand at autozone so I'm assuming that's where it came from haha.

White_Rabbit

Your car looks real clean. The only thing I notice is the rims. Normally they wouldn't look bad but you can tell they are kind of cheap rims. Since your car is so clean to me they stuck out like a sore thumb. Looked even cheaper on the car. Other than that and things you already mentioned it looks great.

AcurInteg96

Just call me chris.
welcome man. im from down in lexington KY so not to far away. ill actually be up in cinci for the reds game on saturday. car looks really nice man. very clean. keep up the good work and get active around here.

Your car looks real clean. The only thing I notice is the rims. Normally they wouldn't look bad but you can tell they are kind of cheap rims. Since your car is so clean to me they stuck out like a sore thumb. Looked even cheaper on the car. Other than that and things you already mentioned it looks great.
I'm not a fan of the wheels myself. These were my winter wheels for my civic before I sold it, I bought this car sitting on steelies and I hate that more than anything, so I threw these on for a temporary deal. I haven't begun to look at any wheels yet, but I'm leaning towards some type of meshies.

welcome man. im from down in lexington KY so not to far away. ill actually be up in cinci for the reds game on saturday. car looks really nice man. very clean. keep up the good work and get active around here.
Nice! I'm down in Lexington about every other weekend during college, I have tons of friends down at UK. My buddy Cory plays baseball there and I have two friends that play football for them. I'm down there a lot. And I'm at A LOT of reds games.