Find out size of tyre needed

sylvaner01

Hey guys.
I purchased a set of the stock Ek4 Sir rims the other day and i'm hunting down tyres for them.
They are 60R15's but I'm not sure if they're 205's of 195's
Is there a way to find out what they are without getting them checked out professionally?

Also I am currently running stock da9 LS alloys which are 195/60R14's.
Will my speedo be out by much after changing my rims from 14 to 15"?

What brands would you guys recomend?

Cheers

rexpepper123

id check out some others rims an tires that are on your same size rim i believe its 195 but i could be wrong. i have 205s but my rims are 16s. it didnt change my speedo any.when i drive past radar signs its only off by 2 miles an hour. supposedly every speedo in every car is off by 2-4 mph something like comfort zone or whatever making it seem like you are going faster then ya really are. could be a myth tho. haha

That1GuyMe

The answer to your question is as follows. the 195/205 part of the equation is part of your tire size. Not your rim size. on 195/50/15 the first and second are part of the size of the tire. In that sequence the third number will be the only indicator of rim size. Now if you see 195/50/15X8, the number after the X is the with of your rim.

Last edited:

Prozon

Kris
Such an insignificant tire size shouldn't be worried about. On my F350 going from stock 31" tires to 38" tires my speedometer was off by 10mph or so. Seeing as how you aren't even going to be going an inch difference, I don't think you have anything to worry about.

supposedly every speedo in every car is off by 2-4 mph something like comfort zone or whatever making it seem like you are going faster then ya really are. could be a myth tho. haha
A car's speedometer is off by 1-4mph because a manufacturer cannot produce a vehicle that has the speedometer off in the wrong direction. If the speedometer said you are going 50mph, when you're really going 53mph. They can be blamed for speeding tickets and such. So they set it back so when your speedometer says 50mph, your really going 46-49mph. Interesting huh? :thumbs up

racerguy06

the first part of the size (195/205) is the width of the tire. the second part (40/45/50 and so on) is the hight or (sidewall aspect ratio) of the tire. The last part is the size rim the tire will fit.

with that said i am running 205/50/r15 in my db8 lowered with no clearance issues. Also if your going up in wheel size you should go down a size on the hight of tire

Oh Really? Tyre is spell correctly in UK, Europe (British English). Just letting you know.
I wanna say the OP is an Aussie or a Kiwi(forgive me if I am wrong), so I would think that is the correct spelling for him.

Edit: "wrong" not "wong"

Last edited:

94rs-gharp

He's Austrailian! but a 205/50/15 would be nice itd give u a little more grip i had a galant and it had 195s on it i then put mazda6 rims on it ( the 5 stars) and that was a 215 and my god the handling difference was amazing!i could go 10mph more through a turn without a tire even squealing (prolly also because it was a skinnier tire as well had a more rigid wall)

phatintegra

Banned
I wanna say the OP is an Aussie or a Kiwi(forgive me if I am wong), so I would think that is the correct spelling for him.
Its cool I learned it the hard way as well. I was trying to help my cousin with her home work that lives over sea. I could not read her books and thought my english was awful but my mom told me it's different spelling for example.

Tire = Tyre
Color = Colour
Flavor = Flavour

sylvaner01

He's Austrailian! but a 205/50/15 would be nice itd give u a little more grip i had a galant and it had 195s on it i then put mazda6 rims on it ( the 5 stars) and that was a 215 and my god the handling difference was amazing!i could go 10mph more through a turn without a tire even squealing (prolly also because it was a skinnier tire as well had a more rigid wall)
cheers for the responces guys.

I know what to look for now =D