First Accident

Teggy64

Got vtec?
Well I knew it would happen eventually, my teggy and I got in my first accident. It had just rained and i was on my way to school to pick up my classes for the fall. Traffic was kinda slow so I was goin like 33 in the 35 zone. This lady in a Rav4 in front of my stopped for some one turning and i breaked hard but I still hit her rear. She was very nice about it and told me she had 4 boys that went through the same thing.

Both of us are fine but my teg wasnt so lucky. The hoods f'ed up pretty good and the bumper's gone too. I'm also pretty sure either one of the hoses or the radiator died casue it was leaking a small amount of antifreeze. Thankfully I hadn't done my bumper swap yet so that's not a biggie and the engine ran fine on the way home. I'm not able to look under the hood atm accept from the sides cause the hood latch is dead so i gotta wait for my dad to get home to get it open. I'm prayin nothing else broke and she'll be fine. I really hate seeing her like this and nearly cried while lookin at the disfigured front. She's my baby, my first car and the car i learned stick on. I'm prayin that everything will be ok. I'll post some pics in a bit.

MFBATZ

Reddit is fun.
Damn, I'm sorry to hear about that. I can't imagine how upset I'd be if I was in that situation (knock on wood). I hope things work out for you and your teg soon :(

superhypered

(╯°□°)╯ ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ)
no, say it aint so :( I hate accidents.. I feel your pain, trust me.. At least you got to drive her away.. Dont be shocked if insurance tries to total it.. But that depends on your insurance provider. Again, good luck, and get pics up later

superhypered

(╯°□°)╯ ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ)
I know what you look like :lol: man thats pretty mangled up. I'm gonna bet that its just the hood that is damaged, with some light damage to the radiator, as well as that small damage to the front bumper

When my dad got rear ended on his motorcycle, the place that did the quote, they listed a lot of ridiculous things.. Like there was a small scratch on the gas tank, which is painted, and they wanted to replace the whole thing! Which is expensive.. So glue that piece on and take the insurance money and get yourself a nice front end ;)

I think some would say you're ready for a front end conversion?

Teggy64

Got vtec?
I know what you look like :lol: man thats pretty mangled up. I'm gonna bet that its just the hood that is damaged, with some light damage to the radiator, as well as that small damage to the front bumper

When my dad got rear ended on his motorcycle, the place that did the quote, they listed a lot of ridiculous things.. Like there was a small scratch on the gas tank, which is painted, and they wanted to replace the whole thing! Which is expensive.. So glue that piece on and take the insurance money and get yourself a nice front end ;)

I think some would say you're ready for a front end conversion?
yeah thankfully I have a complete 98-01 front swap ready to be painted. Thank god I hadn't put it on yet lol

96GSRteg

Tyler
its crazy to me how something so apparently strong to human contact can just get destroyed like that. nice opportunity for that 98-01 though!

ben h

Banned
dam :/
that alost happend to me like a week ago i waz proly 1/4 inch away from hitting the other car

Teggy64

Got vtec?
UPDATE Takin her to a body shop tomorrow. My dad replaced the radiator so i can drive the car again but i found out the bulkhead is bent and so is the little bar next to the radiator. Hopefully they can be pounded back into shape and i wont havta pay for new parts and have them welded in.

Teggy64

Got vtec?
Got my baby back today! Cost more than I thought, but she's back in one piece and now sports an awsome 98-01 front end! I'll post some pics tomorrow.