first build and i need your opinions!!

pbteg11

pbteg11
okay guys so i have a jdm b18c and i have never torn into a motor before but i have befriended an older guy who has been building hondas for a while and i asked him what i can do to get some more pep in my car on a n/a build...he suggested i buy a ls crank and rods and b16 pistons for the bottom end how does this sound to you guys?...im going to put cams in it and get the head port and polished btw

the4doorway

if its just a B18c i recomend rebuilding stock if its a B18c1 then upgrade cams would be nice with stock bottum end

tork_sd89

Baywatch
JDM engines don't have numbers. it's just B18C. He can tell if it's a GSR or ITR by the intake manifold. Assuming it came with one.

pbteg11

pbteg11
it's a gsr and doesn't need to be rebuilt but wouldn't a ls crank and rods give me longer stroke and b16 pistons higher comp?

Kyle

Why would you want longer stroke? So its not as rev happy? Sounds like a down grade.
This. LS rods aren't ment to rev high and your gonna put them into a VTEC engine that makes power the higher it revs? Seems like a good idea but you should probably buy some aftermarket rods atleast.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
it's a gsr and doesn't need to be rebuilt but wouldn't a ls crank and rods give me longer stroke and b16 pistons higher comp?
yes and no, this is a true ls vtec conversion. I think if the motor doesnt need a rebuild then you should not do it because this is a rebuild.

This. LS rods aren't ment to rev high and your gonna put them into a VTEC engine that makes power the higher it revs? Seems like a good idea but you should probably buy some aftermarket rods atleast.
yes and no, by using the gsr girdles and the arp rod bolts you should be fine

pbteg11

pbteg11
well man i don't want you to think i haven't searched because i have A LOT on google and ci and everywhere else. Like i said it's my first build and it's also my dd so i want it reliable but the stock motor just isn't doin it for me anymore and i just wanna step everything up some ya know? higher compression and horsepower etc.