First Integra! Help! O.o

SleepWalker42o

Bare with me, i just woke up and gotta get to werk. Id like your input and comments, good or bad. Please hate if u feel the need to, I have a hater checklist that's feeling a bit loney lol :lol:. Thanks ahead of time.

Hello, name is Mark. I just bought myself a 92' 5 Speed Acura Integra GS. Im 18 years old, and not like a stereotypical asian, i dont know well enough about cars. My first car was a Mazda Mx-6 5 Speed, and i never had problems on that 145k engine. I'm more comfort than performance, but performance i would not mind. I bought this for for 1k, that was worth it just for the body style of this car, damn is it sexy. It has a few rust spots, a couple dents, fading paint. But whats a project if you dont work for it? o_O.

Where do i start oh geez.
1. My valve cover is leaking oil! I purchased a valve cover seal ( the insert between the cover and the engine ) hoping that this will solve the problem. Installing it tonight, never done this before so i was wondering what should i use to clean everything off? I've purchased engine degreaser for the oil that's chillin on the side of the engine, but as for under the valve cover, i have no clue what do expect. Tips?

2. I'll be changing my headliner and the carpet in my teg, and was wondering where i could get the molding/trim that goes around the top part of the window and goes through to the back?

3. Recommendation on struts for my baby? I was looking at the Tein S-Tech Springs that are on sale.
Ref: http://www.redlinemotive.com/store/tein/tein-stech-lowering-springs/acura.asp#integra
and wanna get struts while im at it.

4. Oh! Also i have to shift at lower RPM's in this car, is that normal? when i hit 3-4000 RPM's my car practically yells at me to shift her. As in my Mx-6 it felt fine. Why is it over revving? Could it be because of the leak from the valve covers? -sigh-

5. I've had the car for 2 days, and i relized driving, (23 miles) away from home my right tire is loose, my pops and i had a verbal arguement about if the wheel would of gotten hot because of the friction of the tire rumbling back and fourth on the road, or if the caliper was locking up. My opinion, does the caliper even touch the wheel to heat it up?

6. Last one i swear. When idled in my car, when i hold the window button, or sunroof button ( just as a use of power) my car will rev up and get a little shaky. Wth? so effing odd. Im guessing the battery is low, i just dont know the link between so.

Thanks for your time.

Kumokosi-Kun

Welcome to CI.
My first car was a 90' Integra. Project car, of course.
It would be cool to see some pics of the ride, because

And unfortunately, I can only help you towards one of your problems

Regarding your Valve Cover, Engine Degreaser should take care of most of it, since oil in the mostly in the Valve Cover. I didn't have to do too much cleaning; for I had the same problem as you, leak from the valve cover, and I had to buy a new one.

But anyways, good luck on all the work!

94dc4

My name matches again lol
4. Oh! Also i have to shift at lower RPM's in this car, is that normal? when i hit 3-4000 RPM's my car practically yells at me to shift her. As in my Mx-6 it felt fine. Why is it over revving? Could it be because of the leak from the valve covers?

6. Last one i swear. When idled in my car, when i hold the window button, or sunroof button ( just as a use of power) my car will rev up and get a little shaky. Wth? so effing odd. Im guessing the battery is low, i just dont know the link between so.

Thanks for your time.
4. The car just has short gears. I shift a lot sooner in this car than in my old DC (94+ Integra). Has nothing to do with the leaks.

6. Probably just old car with old electronics. The idle on my car shakes and dips too, and it has a new battery. Alternator is fine, according to AutoZone.

SleepWalker42o

Kun, ill have some pictures up by tomorrow. havent had the chance to take pictures yet, I only got to drive it once other than picking it up. But tonight i should be doing werk on it. So ill see if i can get some snapshots before the sun dips any lower.

Thanks 94 for the quick reply.
4. The car just has short gears. I shift a lot sooner in this car than in my old DC (94+ Integra). Has nothing to do with the leaks.
Is it normal to be in 4th gear at 60mph at 3500rpm? Deng, it just doesn't feel right. What can i do to change this? I live in a area, with surrounding areas with the average speed of 45-55mph, and shifting to 3rd-4th gear everytime i take of is just a pain in the ;)

codeman_11901

and also, you shift up to go from 45 to 55? wtf? as for your interior parts and such, go to www.acuraoemparts.com they have just about every single bolt for your car. use their picture catalog, you will figure it out.

SailorJoeFrm734

well about your electrical problem... i have the same issues with my 93 ls i thought that it was going to be something major but ive had my car for almost 4 years and it hasnt stopped or gotton worse. and like 94dc4 said prolly just cause its old wiring. im sure your battery is fine. Or you would prolly have more problems than just a window button.

codeman_11901

my car starts making a different sound somewhere close to four grand. it kinda sounds like 2 engines running together at the same time. powerband :D

lowazzteg

3rd Super Mario Bro
powerband ftw

your tire coming loose... do you mean the lugs are coming loose? BE CAREFUL!!!! THIS HAPPENED TO ME!!! I put autozone lugs on gsr fat 5's. MISTAKE. OEM Acura rims take ball seated lugs. almost all auto parts stores sell primarily acorn or tapered lugs.

check out your lugs and make sure your wheel studs are not stripped. that popping noise of the wheel getting loose will only get worse until... welll... it was a terrible experience, that's all i can say :cry: