First Integra

ProjectTeg

Integra's FTMFW
Hi guys/girls, just got my first 1999 Integra LS (second car overall.)
I picked it up about a month ago for $1800.
Let me know what you think.:)
P.S. Needs LOTS of body work/paintjob/tires and rims/and a little bit of everything...
P.S.S. LOL was it worth $1800?

And also does anyone know how to fix these "bumps" on the doorpanels??

Thanks all!

Last edited:

pbteg11

pbteg11
:welcome: welcome to club integra...its a project for a reason lol...good luck with everything!

Teggy64

Got vtec?
welcome to CI! Looks decent for $1800 with some love, it'll be lookin good. Stick or auto?

ProjectTeg

Integra's FTMFW
welcome to CI! Looks decent for $1800 what besides body work does it need?
Besides body work the tires are dry rotting and leaking air and the rims aren't to great.
Also needs new brakes and probably new struts in the near future.
Overall the people that had the car before me just didn't take care of it...

i've already replaced timing belt and the passenger side CV joint...

Stick ftw!

Last edited:

Cripton805

You can fix those dents very very cheap...
Don't do any body work. Just replace the door and fenders. It will cost you much MUCH more to have that re-done.

Shop around craigs and get it done for a $100 backyard special and just re-paint the car at Maaco.

Definately worth it :thumbs up

ProjectTeg

Integra's FTMFW
You can fix those dents very very cheap...
Don't do any body work. Just replace the door and fenders. It will cost you much MUCH more to have that re-done.

Shop around craigs and get it done for a $100 backyard special and just re-paint the car at Maaco.

Definately worth it :thumbs up
Will maaco do an ok paint job?

I don't want a crappy paint job b/c those almost look worse than what I have now...

meANDmyDB7

actually has an FB6 now.
it doesn't need new rims. the meshes are fine.

just body work is needed, but overall for 1800, not bad at all. and welcome to CI

96GSRteg

Tyler
if it was worth it or not depends on how much work you can do on your own, but otherwise great find! and you can clean up those wheels and they will be looking fresh.

mirrorimg

Those door panels can be slightly corrected, but they will never be 100%. The plastic backing has cracked and is falling apart, causing the vinyl to lift and ripple.

There is a how-to for a fix somewhere, just gotta search around for it.

ProjectTeg

Integra's FTMFW
The pic of the rim is after i tried cleaing them i was out there for an hour...

Can anybody tell me how to sand and re-paint them?

blaketeg

I <3 Boost
maaco does a great job, it just depends on which location you take it to. I know a family who owns a chain of maacos in my area and there are some locations that do horrible jobs. Just read reviews and ask around and find a reputable location.

00DC2TW

maaco does a great job, it just depends on which location you take it to. I know a family who owns a chain of maacos in my area and there are some locations that do horrible jobs. Just read reviews and ask around and find a reputable location.
X2 some maacco's are way better than others, and some just aren't