first time motor swap, please help

JD'sDA6

Whats up guys, so I have two integras, one is bone stock and the other one has a b20b. And I want to take the b20 out of one and put it in the bone stock one. Could anyone tell me the tools ill need and step by step on how to do the actual swap. Thanks

JD'sDA6

I've been searching around for a while now and can't find anything on how to do the swap it self

JobotDestroy

Resident thug
Your not looking hard enough its the out there search Google. I know it's out there swaps been done millions of times. And if you have a swap.from a donorer car it should be pretty straight forward due to you already have everything for the swap just take some pics of your the engine bay before you start removing stuff

purp_db7

youll need a 10-12-14-17-19 and a extension not that difficult just start taking off hoses and the harness till nothings holding on to the chassis anymore then use a cherry picker and yank that sucker out or you can drop it from the bottorm if u remove the subframe brace

99tegjawn

youll need a 10-12-14-17-19 and a extension not that difficult just start taking off hoses and the harness till nothings holding on to the chassis anymore then use a cherry picker and yank that sucker out or you can drop it from the bottorm if u remove the subframe brace
What he said... just don't lose anything lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ssbpdc2R

yup should only take about 3hrs in and out if you know what you are doin

purp_db7

Honestly it's your first time half way through it your gonna wanna give up hopefully your organized and can keep everything together it's not rocket science it's pretty simple good luck pm if u need any more help I'll give you answers

99TegLs

zip lock bags and a permanant marker is your best friend. Label alll your parts, even if you think you can remember, then set them aside. It's the only thing that kept me sane during my tranny swap

purp_db7

Hahaha ^^^ yea he's right I can't tell you how many times ive been like shit I should have used baggies those are gonna be life savers

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
do it with someone who is experienced.
we usually have 3 people on a swap when we do it for backyard motorsports.
1- drain fluids
2- Axles and suspension components
3 electrical -engine harness and battery, starter etc
4 disconect any hoses that are attached to the fire wall
5 undo mounts -accessory and T mounts
6 strap it to a cherry picker and have it take up slack
7 undo tranny and motor mount