First time problem, car won't start.

Integrate

Hello, I have a 98' Integra and I've never had any problem like this before. My car has never had a problem starting up. I drove home from work yesterday fine, pulled in the driveway and turned the car off and nothing was out of the ordinary. This morning when I went to start my car, it just wouldn't start.

It does not turn over. The battery is fine. It reads 12.77 volts on a volt meter. The lights are bright and do not dim when I turn the key. It is a manual transmission and it acts the same way whether I step on the clutch or not. The only sound I hear is when I turn the key all the way to the start position it makes a very low single clicking noise. I do not think that the clicking noise is coming from the starter, I don't even know if it was worth mentioning. I feel that it may be either the ignition switch or the starter but I don't know how to diagnose the problem exactly. Any help on the matter would be greatly appreciated. I want to try to fix this problem myself because I don't have the money to bring my car to a mechanic.

nuenjin

Professional Ametuer
If I understand you correctly, you said that it only makes a single click when you turn the key? If all it will do is make a click, or even a few clicks, then your problem is your starter. All motors burn out eventually. You can confirm it by removing the starter - guides for this can be found anywhere- and taking it to your auto parts store of choice to have them test it.

good luck

ben h

Banned
id say starter
mine is doing it again and i just replaced it over the winter
wile delivering pizzas i have had to push start my car a few times

French-Frye

agreed on the starter going out. did you try hitting it with a hammer on the side of the housing while trying to start it? ive used this a few times to get my car going until i could get the starter to replace it

LsTeg97

Power_Hitter
Good deal n the starter problem...It most likely is, but i had the same problem and replaced the starter and it still didnt start...lol...Luckily we did some hard looking around in the engine and it just felt it was a wire just not in the right place. Guess wat it Was! lol Big Ground wire that leads off the engine it was all damage and when we messed around with it, the car started fine. Replaced the wire and fixed the problem efficiently, so you might try seeing if that is the case. I never understood why honda leaves there ground wires exposed anyway. I just left the new starter in and kept the core just in case. Hope that helps man. Oh and the ground wire is right below where the stock intake is.its a 12v battery cable wire.