Fix it ticket confusion

Damado93

so bad news... i got another Exhaust fix it ticket .... dumb cop says he got calls for "street racing" and assumed i was racing.. what a mean officer... i was very polite and everything..

he takes forever to get my information and what not.. comes back to me and says you know you're supposed to have a third brake light Blah blah blah keep in mind. they are so bored that they have 2 more patrol cars a total of 3 behind me making it seem like i have killed someone or something... so then he says yeah you need a third brake light.. then he said OHH but im not citing you for that.. im citing you for your humongous exhaust...

im confused because its marked *NO* for correctable .. and i was reading that i cant take it to CHP for a sign off with my OEM exhaust... so does this mean i have to pay the bail amount...

also i wont have to take it to state ref right>? im very worried about this . because im stupid and this was my second exhaust ticket now its NON-CORRECTABLE also..

SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA..
CITY OF BURBANK/GLENDALE...

so am I Fu*k*d? or can i still take it into CHP to get it signed off?

i cant find any information about this.. and i guess all the laws have changed...

thank you guys for reading and helping.

-Denny

Last edited:

BeatBox

Real Good!
not sure how it works over there, id pay it and keep rockin the exhaust FCK THE POLICE lol

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
My understanding from having this with tinted windows is you do have to pay the bail amount. I got cited for tint and the cop wanted to be a dick about it, so he gave me a non-correctable violation. I went and got the tint removed and took photos of the end result, took that to court, and got it down to the administration fee of like $35.
As for the 3rd brake lamp, it is a law that cars newer than (?) must have three operating lamps in the rear for slowing, but most judges will throw this out. I call it a distraction of justice to be pulled over for a missing 3rd lamp and say the car never came with it from the previous owner. most cops will overlook that.
If you pay the fine, I think it counts as a point. I think you have to get the ticket overriden by the judge, but you will have to contact your local clerical office for that information

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Wait a week or so for your info to pop up in the system. Call the court to see if you can just sign off on it. Whats the citation #? i had to do this in YOLO county and the people in court said i had to go to ref but the judge just said did you get it signed off. Just go to the chp with a stock exhaust say you had a bad exhaust leak

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
I called the station and they had to call the citing officer for his opinion; he said, "I remember him; he pays full fine"...

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
nope, if it did i could have gotten it signed off the first time with an open header hehe. I also went to the japanese dude cause i thought he would give me a break...no...turns out he hates asians.

Mikeypotato

Same happened to me, the cop said my N1 isn't oem or factory so I when to apex's site and printed off the page saying "its a direct factory oem replacement and legal in forty some states" and the district attorney said just pay the fine and it's fine to have it. Then he told me at the time I was pulled over certain cops patrol that area and suggested taking a different way home hahah. Turns out the DA had a boosted crx!

SexySSBP

Kwicherbichen
nope, if it did i could have gotten it signed off the first time with an open header hehe. I also went to the japanese dude cause i thought he would give me a break...no...turns out he hates asians.
Are you SURE he was japanese? I suspect this may have come into play, based on one of our previous conversations.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Are you SURE he was japanese? I suspect this may have come into play, based on one of our previous conversations.
yeah im 100% sure. His nametag had a japanese last name. He really hates every other asian in the world, guess a buddy of mine was put on the curb while he searched his car.