what to do?

• have someone else fix it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Clean the FIT valve myself.

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

uncool89

I recently brought a 1993 Acura Integra and in neutral it always seems to rev up and down from 2 to 1.2 then back to 2. I have done some research online and a lot of Honda owners have the same problem. From what I find out is that the FIT valve can get dirty after a while and cause this to happen. From what I understand is that it happens to be easy enough from an inexperienced person like me to fix it. Is there anything I should before I tear up my car?

j13

Keep It Clean
Do it yourself man. Theirs nothing like the feeling of fixing your own car bro. You'll learn and never forget the skills

Prozon

Kris
Not to mention the money you would save. I've got a grand wrapped up in my teg, most of it in the engine. Well.. all of it but the $300 or so I paid for the car lol.

It would be three times that if I paid a shop to do all the work for me.

uncool89

fixed

the idle problem is fixed. found out that it just needed to be cleaned but had too get a shop to do it because one of the screws wouldn't move and I was going to strip the screw in order to get it off. To bad I don't have the right toque wrench in order to fixed it. :)

bradster101

Always attempt to do it yourself before you send it out, worse case you learn some new stuff and then get it fixed lol

But let us know how it comes out!

Im hoping to tackle my timing belt this weekend

trip-doh

I cleaned the both valves and the problem was still there. Few days later started smelling coolant so I looked under the hood and found a leak coming from the U shaped hose. Replaced that and the problem was gone. Well at least the valves are clean now.

ryukkid

beep beep
I cleaned the both valves and the problem was still there. Few days later started smelling coolant so I looked under the hood and found a leak coming from the U shaped hose. Replaced that and the problem was gone. Well at least the valves are clean now.
lol did you notice this thread has been dead for almost a year now ?

Prozon

Kris
Better then posting a new thread to say he fixed an idle problem.

And LOL, when I posted in this thread I only had $1000 into my Integra. Wow, that saddens me.

Jvest

*GET SHOOK*
Search. Eric the car guy on YouTube he has a very good video how to. Takes like five min to fix