Fluttering type noise help?

So Breazy

Hey so my 94 RS makes this fluttering noise. Its kind of like as if you were to put two pieces of paper together and blow through the middle. It usually only happens when I rev it a little but eventually the engine over powers the sound. From inside the car it seems like the sound is coming from the passenger side near the intake? But when I'm outside it seems like the sound is coming from the actual engine. Help anybody?

mirrorimg

Probably a little leak from your intake. Do you have a SRI or CAI? Have you checked to make sure the couplers are on good and not leaking?

You can rev the motor from the engine bay by turning the throttle on the throttle body. Maybe that will help you pinpoint it.

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
its so hard to tell you what it could be without hearing it

blaketeg

I <3 Boost
come on man, its your blowoff valve :lol:

my first guess would be that there is a leak somewhere in your intake, maybe even a vacuum leak

like what jim said, kind of hard to tell what is it without hearing it.

So Breazy

Probably a little leak from your intake. Do you have a SRI or CAI? Have you checked to make sure the couplers are on good and not leaking?

You can rev the motor from the engine bay by turning the throttle on the throttle body. Maybe that will help you pinpoint it.
You lost me at SRI dude haha. I just have a stock intake atm, would getting a new aftermarket one possibly fix this? And what are the couplers? Sorry I'm car noob >.<

blue94teg

short ram intake=sri and cold air intake is cai. dont worry bout the couplers if you dont have either one of those. could be an exhaust leak though.

mirrorimg

You lost me at SRI dude haha. I just have a stock intake atm, would getting a new aftermarket one possibly fix this? And what are the couplers? Sorry I'm car noob >.<
short ram intake=sri and cold air intake is cai. dont worry bout the couplers if you dont have either one of those. could be an exhaust leak though.

^ He answered your first questions.

I dont know how the stock tube mounts to the throttle body, but it could be there, or the seal where the intake arm goes into the air box could be the issue.

If you have a cigarette, light it, and movie it around the intake. Look to see anywhere it is sucking in the rising smoke.