Fmic piping ????

BIGB90teg

can anyone reccomend a good site or company where i would b able to get a quality intercooler piping kit for my 1993 LS? piecing a kit together and want to have as little problems as possible obviously!

BIGB90teg

really not interested in ebay to b honest, i mean atleast no mechanical parts but i guess if i cant find anything it is just piping if i get good silicone connections and t-bolt clamps it should b ok right?

Prozon

Kris
eBay piping is usually fine. I hear you should avoid eBay oil lines though.
Probably your best bet for a decent price set of lines.

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
really not interested in ebay to b honest, i mean atleast no mechanical parts but i guess if i cant find anything it is just piping if i get good silicone connections and t-bolt clamps it should b ok right?
yep, its all the same, just get some aluminum piping, silicone couplers and tbolt clamps

Patchezz

(///_-),.I..
like the other 2 said, piping is piping so no matter where you get it, its still gonna be the same shit whether you spend 150 or 600 bucks. ones just robbing you and the other is giving you a decent deal for decent materials. the more importants items such as manifolds and turbos are ok to buy from ebay but dont expect to get tons of power out of them. cause there more prone to crack and shell out

BIGB90teg

thanx guys for the opinions, the only thing i would buy from ebay is piping everything else is comin from reputable companies no worries there

Prozon

Kris
I didn't know you could get a bad quality coupler lol. Silicone couplers are even in the eBay kits.

I didn't know you could get a bad quality coupler lol. Silicone couplers are even in the eBay kits.
There are different thicknesses. The number of silicone layers and re-enforcement layers varies. Better re-enforcement and more layers makes it less likely to rip.
Also, better couplers do not allow the coupler to slip out from under it.
I had a problem with one of my Talon's IC coupler clamps at one point. It kept letting the coupler pop off around 23psi. It became quite the annoyance. Replaced it with a tbolt clamp and things worked out.

As far as piping goes, as long as it has proper flaring at the end to help keep the couplers on, it's just piping.