fml wheel studs!

badshadowej

cameron

ya i dont know how to get this off to replace wheel studs some people say i have to disconnect the whole hub and get them pressed out an in somewhere

xmkncx

your picture doesn't work. Is this for the front or the back?

Edit: reading owned me! well for the front you basically have to remove the hub to get the stud out. You don't need to take it to the shop but you'll need to take off your axle, suspension and everything just to get out the hub. Good Luck man!

-mike

Last edited:

badshadowej

cameron
front
People say u can just get tthem hammered out but some say u might have to go to a machine shop. but i took off the rotor in the front and there is no room really for them to get hammered out, the back i can do myself. i'm just lookin for a easy way to get either the studs out an new ones in myself or just figure a easy way to take the peice into a shoop

pinkley

b@115D33p
like disconnect the axel tie rods and lower control arm bla bal bla and all from the thing
Pretty much. I was going to do mine myself and said screw it and took it to a shop. Don't be surprised if you have to replace your wheel bearings either. Mine fell apart as soon as they pressed the hub off the spindle.

mirrorimg

Picture isnt working because its uploaded to Facebook. Try uploading it to photobucket or imageshack.

SexySSBP

Kwicherbichen
One thing to note...some years the studs will clear the spindle, some they won't. On my 99, I had to have a shop press the hub out of the spindle. Even if I had removed the whole assembly, I would not have been able to remove them.

badshadowej

cameron
well i removed the whole assembly and basically the whole balljoint piece and i will take it to a machine shop to get them pressed out an new ones pressed in.. so i shall see how it goes