fog light help

da9_vito

Hazardous Grounds
ok so i wanna make my fog lights come on when i turn my corner lights on, so what wire would need to be spliced into?

guiltyxxspark

Internet Hate Machine
Just do the fog light mod. It's on G2IC.

There's a yellow and red wire on the fog switch, cut about 2" of it so that you have some wire to work with, there's a black and yellow wire on the back of the defogger switch, cut another 2" of wire and splice the two together. Tape everything up and you're good.

G2IC walk-thru

DarkDB1

just do the fog light mod. It's on g2ic.

There's a yellow and red wire on the fog switch, cut about 2" of it so that you have some wire to work with, there's a black and yellow wire on the back of the defogger switch, cut another 2" of wire and splice the two together. Tape everything up and you're good.

g2ic walk-thru
+1

da9_vito

Hazardous Grounds
i dont want daytime running lights i want my fogs to come on when my corner lights are switched on. what i mean by that is when i turn the headlight switch to the first position my corner lights come on,i want to add my fogs to that.

guiltyxxspark

Internet Hate Machine
Do what I told you to do and you will be able to turn your fog lights on when ever you want. Even when you parking lights (day time running lights) are on.

da9_vito

Hazardous Grounds
thats just it i dont want daytime running lights. when i turn my headlight switch to the first position i want my corners and fogs to come on. nothing else.

DarkDB1

You can turn off the fog lights whenever you want, If you want the fog lights to turn on with just the corner lights, turn the headlight knob once for the corner lights and push the fog light button. It's all at your discretion. And if then later on down the road you decide you want the fogs on all the time because alot of people do the ultra cool JDM yellow fog light mod you can just by turning on a switch.

All the suggested mod does it make it so the fog lights run on their own independent switch with no interference.

guiltyxxspark

Internet Hate Machine

You can turn off the fog lights whenever you want, If you want the fog lights to turn on with just the corner lights, turn the headlight knob once for the corner lights and push the fog light button. It's all at your discretion. And if then later on down the road you decide you want the fogs on all the time because alot of people do the ultra cool JDM yellow fog light mod you can just by turning on a switch.

All the suggested mod does it make it so the fog lights run on their own independent switch with no interference.
Thank you. Maybe if we both say it he'll understand.

da9_vito

Hazardous Grounds
when i turn my headlight switch on to where the corners come on the fogs dont come on. even if i push the button. if it did do ya think id be here askin how to wire it up, yea didnt think so.

DarkDB1

Thank you. Maybe if we both say it he'll understand.
It's hard to get an clearer then what we already said.

when i turn my headlight switch on to where the corners come on the fogs dont come on. even if i push the button. if it did do ya think id be here askin how to wire it up, yea didnt think so.
Do this

Just do the fog light mod. It's on G2IC.

G2IC walk-thru

Then you can turn on or off your fog lights whenever you want. That mod doesn't make it so you're fogs are permanently on. It makes the fog light button independent.

So you can do this

guiltyxxspark

Internet Hate Machine
You're lucky the fog light trick is a personal favorite of mine. I'm normally a massive asshole to people that don't catch on quickly.