fog light issue

redgsr

did the fog light install and after about 30 sec they shut off and dont come back on. switch has no power nor relay clicking. swapped out for the cruise control switch and still nothing. radio does not turn on either but the alarm led still blinks. fuse on harness is good also. any ideas?

Paulb

user
check all the fuses in the fuse block, also check your wires make sure nothing is pinched and shorting out

redgsr

one of the 10 amp fuses was the problem but it blew after 5 seconds but why isnt the fuse off the harness being blown

Paulb

user
is the fuse on the harness bigger then 10 amps? never installed fog lights on an integra not sure how the wiring is run

redgsr

the fuse on the harness is 10 amps. replaced the original one thats connected to the radio, it blew again so for the hell of it i replaced it again, and it stayed working the third time....wierd

how can that happen. once a fuse blows that quickly, its gonna keep doing it same until the problem is fixed

redgsr

as much as i didnt want to i switched it for a 15amp fuse and its fine......for now lol